Which cheese contains the most calcium?
Foods with calcium
Milk and dairy products are known to be good calcium suppliers - but which ones are there? And what happens when it is heated - is calcium retained?
Table of Contents
CALCIMED® D.3 500 mg / 1000 IU Direct
For the prevention of deficiencies and as a basic therapy for osteoporosis - with the Direct Granulate.
Calcium rich foods
Milk: calcium content regardless of the fat level
Adults should take in 1000 mg calcium daily. Milk and dairy products are particularly rich in calcium - it is not for nothing that the German Nutrition Society recommends consuming milk, yoghurt or cheese every day. A glass of milk (200 ml) provides around 240 mg calcium - the fat level has no significant influence on the calcium content.
The problem: According to a Germany-wide study, every second German citizen does not consume enough calcium and does not reach the recommended daily dose. *
* Results of the National Consumption Study II
Yogurt and cheese: dairy products with calcium
Cheese and yogurt are also important foods rich in calcium. A 150 g cup of yoghurt provides around 180 mg of calcium. The calcium content of the different types of cheese is quite different: while a portion of mountain cheese (30 g) can contain an impressive 330 mg of calcium, butter cheese and camembert only 180 mg and cream cheese only 24 mg.
Rule of thumb for everyday life: the harder the cheese, the higher the calcium content.
Calcium in vegetables: kale, broccoli and Co.
In addition to milk and dairy products, green vegetables can also contribute to a certain extent to the calcium supply. Kale in particular is a real calcium bomb: a 200 g serving of the cabbage vegetable provides 424 mg of the valuable mineral.
Swiss chard, fennel and spinach also contain over 200 mg per serving. Unfortunately, these types of vegetables are not among the favorite dishes of many Germans and are therefore only rarely served on the table.
Mineral water with a lot of calcium
Those who choose their thirst quenchers cleverly can improve their own calcium supply. Because even mineral water can contain significant amounts of the mineral. Mineral water can be described as rich in calcium if it contains at least 150 mg per liter. Some manufacturers also offer products with a particularly high amount of calcium (for example from 300 mg).
Keep in mind: a total of 1000 mg calcium should be consumed daily - the right mineral water alone is far from being enough.
Is calcium sensitive to heat?
Cooking, baking and cooking processes, in contrast to vitamins, have little or no effect on minerals. Minerals such as calcium are not sensitive to heat, which means that they remain stable during the cooking process and are not destroyed.
It is only when cooking for a long time that the minerals are washed out of the vegetables, for example. However, if the cooking water is used to prepare the sauce or otherwise served, the minerals are not lost.
These articles might also interest you
- How can I manage my Android applications
- How common are Ola services in Goa
- What grammar rules are wrong
- How does underwater depth affect air bubbles?
- Is there TK Maxx in Victoria London
- What does capercaillie mean
- Which hormone causes hair loss
- Most women flirt with their friends
- What does Quanta Computer do for Apple
- What is the formula for diluting stocks
- What language do Kurds speak mostly
- What is the symbol for thallium
- Black bread adds weight
- What does a senior data analyst do
- Sadio Mane is world class
- Why is a wireless printer showing offline
- How much money do viral videos make
- Why is grapefruit good for diabetics
- Why is pH 7 neutral
- Why are most Pakistanis and Bangladeshis not Hindi
- Is Belarus a developed country
- Mesothelioma can be cured by salty air
- What is a good duet song
- What are the civil goals
- What is the difference between new shoes and old ones?
- In slang, which just means
- What are some examples of imaginary things
- What is Long Island City
- How is life in Auroville
- What is SRC steel
- Does Pelling Sikkim have a bike scooter rental
- Do infrared cameras take really paranormal images
- What's the fastest way to lose respect