Is it possible to brand goods
Branding: Branding as body decoration
Originally, the branding was used to identify herd cattle. A sign from the owner was burned onto the cattle's skin with a hot branding iron. Such brand marks are scarred and therefore always recognizable.
Similarly, this is desired as body jewelry today. With hot (rarely also with frozen) metal, patterns are burned into the skin. For some people, the resulting scars, similar to tattoos or piercings, have the status of body jewelry.
When branding (English: to brand = to burn in, to brand, provided with a brand), one also speaks of scarification. In many cultures around the world (especially in Africa and Amazonia) branding is an integral part of initiation rites or is used as a stigma sign, e.g. as a sign of exclusion or as a sign of submission.
Depending on the technology, branding remains visible for up to 7 years and - in contrast to a tattoo - cannot be removed, not even with a laser, without leaving larger scars.
Branding hot - with branding iron
In order to create the approx. 2 to 4 mm wide decorative scars, metal strips (preferably made of implant steel), which are bent into the desired shape, or branding irons are mostly used today. Burning is done with the edge, not the surface. The later burn scars are about three to six times wider than the iron.
Complex patterns are usually burned with several sheet metal strips one after the other (strikebranding). The heated metal is pressed onto the skin for a fraction of a second and burns the top two layers of skin in the process. The hot branding works with approx. 900 ° C - 1200 ° C (steel then glows dark red to light orange).
This type of branding can only be carried out on parts of the body where the iron can be placed evenly and completely. Strong curves (such as on the forearm) are difficult to burn. There should be no major nerves, blood vessels, or tendons under the branding area. Burning with sheet metal requires precision and experience, as too much pressure or burning for too long can cause serious burns with consequential damage.
Branding cold - with a metal branding iron
With cold branding, the branding irons are not heated but cooled to below -100 °. This is done using liquid nitrogen (-196 °) or cold mixtures. Handling liquid nitrogen is extremely difficult and requires a great deal of experience. Cold branding is therefore rejected by most professional studios.
In contrast to hot brandings, cold brandings have a higher risk of infection. Extreme heat kills most pathogens, but cold does not.
HF branding or Kautery branding
This method, which is carried out with a high-frequency surgical device (HF), requires special training to be carried out.
Results with HF or Kautery branding
- Relatively fine and detailed scar lines on the skin.
- The fine scalpels make complex motifs possible.
- Lower depth of focus; this means that the selection of suitable places on the body is greater than with the branding iron.
- More permanent and thicker scars than with branding irons.
Branding - with thermocautery
Theramokauters are battery-operated soldering guns. A wire is heated electrically and pressed onto the skin. In contrast to HF branding, the heat also radiates to the surrounding tissue. The lines and the healing process can only be controlled to a limited extent.
Disadvantages and risks with thermocautery
- Thermocautery cannot be sterilized = problematic hygiene.
- The branding process is lengthy and must be carried out very precisely and requires a lot of experience on the part of the brander.
- Thermocautery brandings disappear after a few weeks because they can only be done very superficially.
- Branding often has to be repeated.
How painful is branding iron?
As the name itself suggests (branding), it is a combustion. The pain is felt very differently when it burns.
Experts say the pain is greater during the healing process. After two to three days a scab layer forms, after two or more weeks the wound has healed with scarring. The healing process depends on various factors such as skin type or the body's own healing process (e.g. dark-skinned people generally tend to develop more scarring).
Care of the branding scar
Like any fresh wound, branding needs to be well looked after. Usually it doesn't need a bandage and should heal in the air. Tight clothing should be avoided. After the crust formation is complete, the scar can be kept elastic with a wound cream so that it does not "tear out".
Itchy, reddened, painful, hot or throbbing wounds are an essential part of the medical evaluation. The symptoms could indicate an infection.
Is Branding Legal?
Both - customers and Brander - move in a gray area. In the case of a lawsuit, the paragraph on bodily harm comes into play. Physical injuries that occur with mutual consent can only be prosecuted in court if an action is taken. Piercings and tattoos do not violate "good morals", there is - as far as is known - no precedent judgment for branding.
Branden is generally not without danger. On the one hand, there is a risk of errors in execution or in follow-up care. On the other hand, according to the experts, your own scar development ultimately determines the healing process and appearance.
Wikipedia, pets-de, Branding-Studio, Matthias T. J. Grimme, Hamburg (Stahl Stich) 1997/2006), Mediscope
- What is the chemical structure of salt
- Artificial intelligence could produce a human mind
- Which viruses are helpful for humans
- What do veterinarians use to put animals to sleep?
- Where can I find my dealer number
- How much money do viral videos make
- Who is Theresa May married to?
- What is the COCOMO model in software development
- Is life easy in Mumbai or Delhi
- What does Quanta Computer do for Apple
- How do you find an oblique asymptote
- What is a bard in Dragon Age
- What are minerals and ore
- Is Maui Moana's father
- How do I add CSS
- How does a vehicle spy tool work
- What are the best books about human reading
- What are some uses of stepper motors
- What is IP multicasting
- How do I know about my personality
- Why don't girls prefer mechanical engineering
- Tobacco candles have nicotine
- Why should marijuana be spiritual
- Didn't God define crimes, not sins