Alum is also used to purify water
physical and chemical properties
|Look||colorless||Melting point||770 ° C|
|odor||stabbing||boiling point||is decomposed|
|molar mass||342.15 g / mol||Density (° C)||2.71 g / cm3|
|Condition at 20 ° C||firmly||Solubility in water (20 ° C, 1 bar)||easily soluble|
Manufacture and application
Aluminum sulphate is obtained technically from the hydroxide of aluminum and sulfuric acid under heat and high pressure.
It is used, among other things, in the food industry as a firming and stabilizing agent and as a component in fertilizers. It is also used as a glue in the paper industry, as a dressing agent in dyeing and as a seed dressing. It is also a component of foam extinguishers and medicines to stop bleeding. It is used as a precipitant in wastewater treatment.
Environmental impact and health
Depending on the concentration, aluminum sulphate is considered to be slightly harmful to the environment and is classified as slightly hazardous to water (WGK 1). Aluminum sulphate solution is corrosive and handling requires the usual precautionary measures.
Wastewater treatment / drinking water treatment
In the context of wastewater treatment, aluminum sulfate is often used as an aqueous solution for adsorption, e.g. for the removal of oils / fats and fine turbidity, and in particular for phosphate elimination through precipitation with combined flocculation, this step being accompanied by neutralization in the case of basic wastewater. The use of aluminum sulfate is also said to be effective in combating the bulky sludge that is undesirable in the sewage treatment plant.
It is also used as a flocculant in drinking water treatment. The use of aluminum sulfate is standardized in DIN EN 878.
Links on the subject
- How to activate the pancreas naturally
- What are the options after an MDS
- When do children start to feel envious?
- How is Wilson College doing
- What is a subscription business model
- Did you do something constructive today?
- What problems occur after an AVM cerebral hemorrhage
- What is the definition of time
- I can study all my life
- What do people get wrong about Elon Musk
- What is the difference between abhaengig and abhaengig
- Why does Oneplus 3
- Is it good to invest in stocks?
- Is the number 25 odd or even
- Symbolic is the end of Logan religioes
- What is an advice for startups
- Meditation Helps With Depression And How
- How do you feel about Sintex Plastics
- Roblox tickets cost money
- How can we win a card game
- Supports KIVY Python 3
- How does Likee make money
- How old is OkEx
- People still play Final Fantasy XI