Which was first created for Android or iOS
Switch from Android to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Ready to move to iOS? Download the Move to iOS app to get help moving from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your Android device.
- Connect your new iOS device and your Android device to a power source.
- Make sure your new iOS device has enough space to hold the content you want to move, including the content on your external micro SD card.
- To transfer your Chrome bookmarks, you'll need to update Chrome on your Android device to the latest version first.
Open the Transfer to iOS app
Wait for the code
On the iOS device, on the Transfer from Android screen, tap Continue. Wait for a ten or six digit code to appear. If the Android device reports a weak internet connection, you can ignore this error message.
Enter the code on your Android device. Wait for the data transfer screen to appear.
Select content and wait
On the Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap "Next". Then do not use either device (even if your Android device shows that the process is complete) until the loading bar on your iOS device indicates that the process is complete. Depending on the amount of content you're broadcasting, the process may take some time.
The following content is transferred: contacts, message history, photos, videos, web bookmarks, e-mail accounts and calendars. Some of your free apps will also transfer if they're available on both Google Play and the App Store. After the transfer is complete, you can download the free apps that you previously had on the device from the App Store.
Set up iOS device
When the loading bar on the iOS device indicates that the process is complete, tap "Done" on the Android device. Then tap Continue on the iOS device and follow the on-screen steps to complete your iOS device setup.
Make sure all content has been transferred. Music, books and PDFs have to be transferred manually.
Would you like to load the apps that you previously used on your Android device? Open the App Store on your iOS device and download the apps.
Receive assistance with the transfer
If you're having trouble broadcasting your content, here are some things to check:
- The devices must not be used until the transfer is complete. For example, on the Android device, the "Transfer to iOS" app should stay on the screen the entire time. If you use another app on your Android device or receive a call before the transfer is complete, your content will not be transferred.
- Deactivate apps or settings on your Android device that could affect your WiFi connection, such as "Sprint Connections Optimizer" or "Smart network switching". Then look for “Wi-Fi,” under Settings, and place your finger over each known network until you see the option to ignore the network. Tap this option to ignore the network. Then try the transfer again.
- Restart both devices, then try again.
- Turn off the cellular data connection on your Android device. Then try the transfer again.
Receive post-transfer assistance
Information relating to non-Apple products or independent websites that are not controlled or audited by Apple is not a recommendation or endorsement. Apple is not responsible for the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- Everyone has an enemy
- How do you find an oblique asymptote
- How hot hands and feet
- What is 7 7 19
- Can I take fenofibrate with metoprolol
- Exceptional people think that they are exceptional
- Is ERD Dada normalized
- How can you connect mpu6050 to 8051
- How is the US currency created
- What is pea soup
- What do Croatians think of Velimir Bujanec?
- What is considered an electrophilic response
- What do you suggest i do 1
- Has Y Combinator accepted edtech startups
- What is your favorite museum in Medellin
- What is a schedule
- What are 5 funny physical phenomena
- How do you format action novels
- How do I choose a flute
- What was the first car logo
- Who was the shoe bomber passenger
- Is software an intangible asset?
- What do you like about water
- Is there something that is called happiness