What are private virtual functions in C ++
Private virtual method in C ++
Despite all calls to declare a virtual member private, the argument just doesn't hold up. Often when a derived class overwrites a virtual function, the base class version must be called. It cannot if it is declared:
you have to declare the base class method.
Then you have to take the ugly means of commenting out that the method should be overridden but not called.
So Herb Sutter's guideline # 3 ... But the horse is out of the stable anyway.
When you declare something, you implicitly trust the writer of a derived class to understand and use the protected internals, as does a - declaration a deeper trust for members.
Users who suffer bad behavior (such as "clueless" not taking the effort to read your documentation) by violating this trust can only blame themselves.
pdate: I've had some feedback that says you can chain virtual function implementations with private virtual functions this way. If so, I would love to see it.
The C ++ compilers I use do not allow an implementation of a derived class to call an implementation of a private base class.
If the C ++ committee relaxed "private" to allow this specific access, I would be all for private virtual functions. As it stands, we are still being advised to lock the barn door after the horse is stolen.
- Can paratroopers shoot their weapons in the air
- Why is butterscotch considered so good
- Is cloud mining bitcoin a legitimate investment
- What's wrong with consideration
- What is chemical displacement and double displacement
- How to Download Blu-ray Movies
- What viruses can cause chronic fatigue?
- What does a uniform rope mean?
- Is there a craigslist in China
- How do we feel when we hear noises?
- What is a vegan lobster
- Why is Goldman Sachs getting into consumer banking?
- What happens to water during electrolysis
- How should one learn history
- Which is the best astronomy app
- Where can I get RPA tools
- What are the jobs for ETC engineer
- How do engineers use reference designs
- Is the art reproduction business profitable
- The title UX has become practically meaningless
- Where was the original Footloose filmed
- Who is Mr. Brijmohan Agrawal
- What will replace the social security numbers
- How are bones and muscles connected
- How soon can you get a divorce
- Which car brand has the highest maintenance
- Is PVC normally recyclable in the UK?
- Lloyd AC is good
- Vape shops sell CBD
- Why is there no science
- How fast can dogs run 100m
- Why are private security companies so demonized