Which books should I prefer for math?
Accompanied learning to prepare for the DAV's mathematical admission test
Special features of this course
This course was added to the course portfolio for the winter semester 2009/2010. The course concept was developed based on the learning objectives of the DAV's mathematical admission test and is intended to support participants in the mathematical admission test (MZP) for the DAV actuary in their preparation. In this course, the participants acquire the mathematical techniques that are required for professional practice and training to become an actuary-DAV.
Deviating from our normal course concept, the participants receive for this course no printed course script. Instead, for the course "accompanied learning to prepare for the DAV's mathematical admission test", in coordination with the DAV admission committee, a standard textbook from the DAV's literature list is used as a basis for each of the subjects of linear algebra and analysis Prepare participants for the mathematical entrance examination.
The selected books are characterized by a very application-oriented, clear and explanatory presentation with many examples and exercises.
These textbooks will be from us at the beginning of the course made available.
- Lineare Algebra: Strang, Gilbert: Lineare Algebra, published by Springer, 2003
- Analysis: Stewart, James: Calculus, published by Thomson Brooks / Cole, 7th edition, 2012, from SS 2020: 8th edition, 2015
In addition to each teaching unit, you will receive a “revision course” with the essential sentences and definitions of the corresponding teaching section in German as an aid to the English-language book by Stewart.
The provision of the textbooks can be deselected when registering for the course.
For participants who prefer a German-language textbook, we recommend the books by Forster (Analysis 1 - 3, Verlag Vieweg + Teubner) as an alternative to the Stewart title. You may have to purchase these yourself.
At the beginning of the course, the participants receive a curriculum based on the selected books. According to our course concept, the participants receive a course exercise for each learning unit, which the participants can work on independently and send to our technical supervisor for correction. The very extensive course exercises offer the participants extensive exercise material for practicing and deepening the relevant techniques. The number of learning units and course exercises in this course is 8 units, well above the average of 4 learning units per course, so that continuous monitoring of the learning progress is guaranteed. A technical supervisor is available by e-mail or telephone to answer any questions you may have.
It will two 2-day face-to-face events offered for the course. These take place on the premises of Ulm University. The face-to-face events serve to exchange experiences, discuss open questions and deepen the knowledge already learned on the basis of joint exercises. A general repetition of the examination material is Not provided and in view of the volume of material also not possible. The event will be held by a long-time lecturer in analysis and linear algebra from Ulm University. The focus of the attendance days is based on the content and questions of the admission test typical of the exam based on the previous exams. Part I of the attendance days is planned for July or February and mainly deals with the content of linear algebra and the first units of analysis. The second attendance phase takes place in September or April. This division was introduced on the basis of the experiences of the past semesters. It should motivate the participants at an early stage and enable them to have an intensive exchange with the other participants and the technical supervisor.
By the time of the face-to-face events, you should have already acquired the respective course content and worked through the course exercises.
For this course will no final exam offered in Ulm. The minimum number of participants for this course is 8 participants. As with all course offers, the Academy reserves the right to cancel the attendance phase if there are fewer than 5 registrations for the attendance event.
- Why is Tormund Giantsbane so popular
- Can we eat figs after breakfast?
- What is the history of FreeBSD
- What is com android server telecom
- What facial features is your glabella
- Who protects Iceland
- Did you use Jekyll
- How often do sandstorms occur all year round
- Why invest in Rof Galleria Sector 95 Gurgaon
- What happens if the operator is overloaded
- What is the cash flow from ongoing business activity
- Has Haile Selassie betrayed his country?
- What are the Most Valuable PS1 Games
- What types of GSM modules are there
- How can I finish hashish properly
- The personal loan attracts income tax
- How successful are online relationships
- How long can someone hold their breath
- Which is the worst weapon in PUBG
- Where did the 1992 Winter Olympics take place
- How important is YouTube to business marketing
- Why do some hospitals have fools?
- What are some of the best clicks from smartphones
- Hip Hop is dead