What is a Dsus chord
Sus chords are especially common in pop music.
Sus is an abbreviation of 'ususpension'. What happens to the chord when you add sus - the third note in the scale - the second note in the chord - is flattened or a step raised.
There are sus2 and sus4 Chords. In the first case the note is flattened and in the second case it is raised.
The C chord consists of the notes C, E and G. In a Csus2 chord the E note changes to D and in a Csus4 the E note changes to F.
One more thing: sometimes the name of the chord is simply written as “Csus” without a 2 or 4. In this case, you should treat it as Csus4.
How do you use the Sus chords?
As always in music, there are many ways to go about things; a very common practice relating to these chords is to alternate between the original chord and the sus chord of the same root note. For example: D to Dsus and back to D.
A specific figure is: D - Dsus4 - D - Dsus2 - D
(This can be found in the intro to Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man".)
Another figure is: A - Asus2 - A - Asus4 - A - Asus2 - A.
(This riff can be heard in the Tom Petty song "Feel a Whole Lot Besser".)
You can try this combination to see how the Sus chords can work together with their original chord:
E - Esus4 - E - D - Dsus4 - D - A - Asus4 - A - E.
So if you are using sus chords, you are using sus chords along with a major chord. For a progression like Dsus4 - A - G, it gets better with a progression like D - Dsus4 - A - G.
The same case is that instead of G - A - Dsus4, you play G - A - D - Dsus4 - D
I like it:
- What is Justin Bieber's religion
- The Internet of Things makes way for smart agriculture
- What role does light play in photosynthesis?
- What are the best AJAX frameworks
- What functions should an EPOS have
- Which topic will help us in the future?
- What is a pseudo-inert configuration
- What is a video analyst
- What is an APEL program
- How did Coursera get traction?
- New ways to make money online
- Can deer be trained
- Did Mother Teresa really cure a brain infection
- Who is the week
- How do you recognize biological hazards
- How many sbi po have completed the Upsc exam
- How do traffic signals communicate
- Is it safe to use google go
- Should replace debit cards with cash
- Should a lawyer give an invoice
- Is elegance ever a bad thing
- Overheating leaves a phone hanging
- How can I smile again to the fullest
- What Causes Mental Health Problems In Men