Men become wimps
Women say, "I have a cold". The man would say, "I'm going to end". This is certainly a bit pointed, but there actually seem to be differences when it comes to the ability of men and women to suffer. But can man do anything about it?
Somehow it's a bit like that: a little cold in the man and they are sickly around as if they would not see the morning. But unfortunately men really different from women? Yes, says Dr. Johannes Wimmer: "It is actually the case that men are sick differently than women". Even if there are type differences:
"You can say across the board that men are a bit more sorry, or that they are sometimes more affected by illness than women."
This is also proven by scientific studies. Tests with mice showed massive differences, says Johannes Wimmer. Female animals generally have a better and more adequate response to pathogens than men. Measurements on humans also come to a similar result.
Men: victims of the sex hormone?
Before a doctor sees his patient, he often already knows the patient's blood values and roughly how ill the person is. "When I come into the room and see how the corresponding level of suffering is, it can be quite different," reports Dr. Johannes Wimmer from personal experience.
It is different with many female patients: women who are really subject to admission and who go to the hospital bed sometimes don't even think about it because they still have this and that to take care of at home.
"Then there are men who really suffer like a stabbed pig, but are objectively not sick at all.
The man's sex hormones are to blame for this, among other things, according to the physician: "Men can't help it either, that's just nasty and stupid for us men." The same applies to the effects of stress hormones: the more stressed the man, the more severe his suffering .
Sure, not all men can be lumped together. As we already reported this week, men with a traditional understanding of their roles, for example, go to the doctor less often. And they still exist especially in the older generations. A species that our emergency physician also knows:
"That's the typical northern German grumpy bear. He only comes to the doctor when the bobble hat no longer fits over the tumor."
- Which team sports do not include a ball
- The Keto Diet May Reduce Cancer
- What types of alternators are there
- Is Green Day punk
- Why didn't Ethiopia separate in 1991?
- What do you think of Adventure Time
- Is someone using NextBee com
- Can kill Windex spiders
- What is the logic behind the policy
- Why is Chad called Chad
- What does the expression a little premature mean?
- How do I install the Hive software
- How can we recycle empty deodorant bottles
- How interesting is the ECE
- Is dry cleaning good for your clothes?
- Would you use WhatsApp to shop online?
- What better way to embarrass yourself
- What's so fascinating about the Batman trilogy
- Do you like the new Pixies EP
- What are the traditional names for flavor
- Why is my friend drying off
- Is hydrogen a mixture of elements
- What is visual perception
- Does that look like a lupus rash
- Surveillance cameras should have guns
- What does Quanta Computer do for Apple
- What is excretory system
- What are the benefits of boredom
- How do you monetize door opening pages
- What is RTP on the network
- How do I photograph wildlife
- Why is Trump such an unskilled liar
- How does cash for gold work
- Why can't men use face masks?