What causes abdominal migraines
Abdominal migraines: Identify individual triggers using an abdominal pain diary
Abdominal migraines are in many cases a precursor to migraines. Children are affected by attacks of abdominal pain that occur regularly, which are accompanied by nausea, vomiting, paleness and / or loss of appetite and possibly photophobia.
Many children suffer from frequent abdominal pain. If these occur in seizures and at regular intervals, it can be a so-called abdominal migraine or abdominal migraine. This can later turn into a "head migraine". “Parents should always have their child's abdominal pain clarified by the pediatrician in order to rule out physical causes and also to avoid falsely suspecting that their child is faking the pain. If everything points to abdominal migraine, affected children should keep a stomach pain diary with their parents to determine the triggers. Stress and lack of sleep, for example, can contribute, ”explains Dr. Stefan Razeghi, a specialist in pediatric and adolescent medicine from the Association of Pediatricians (BVKJ), who specializes in gastrointestinal diseases. The abdominal migraine occurs suddenly and is associated with nausea, vomiting, paleness and / or loss of appetite and possibly photophobia. The center of the pain seems to be around the belly button. Most of the time, those affected have to lie down and cannot go about their daily activities. The attack can last from an hour to three days.
An estimated 1 to 4% of all children suffer from abdominal migraines - mainly in elementary school age. The causes of abdominal migraines have not yet been clarified. “Relaxation procedures and stimulus shielding can alleviate the symptoms. If the abdominal pain turns into a migraine, it can be treated well with medication, while there are only few recommendations for effective drugs for abdominal migraine, ”adds Dr. Razeghi. In many cases, the seizures go away by puberty.
An interview on this topic with Dr. You can find Stefan Razeghi in the ZDF media library at www.zdf.de.
Sources: CME, Springermedizin, Pediatrics & Pedology
This is a press release from the professional association of paediatricians e.V. This press release or parts of the article can be reprinted from the following source: www.kinderaerzte-im-netz.de. In the case of publication in online media, the source must be linked to this home page or to a subpage of the BVKJ parent portal. Photos and images may not be used as a matter of principle.
- Where are circuits not used
- How do you rate the Battlegrounds of PlayerUnknowns
- Why does rigor mortis end
- How many milliliters in a liter
- Why MSPs Should Conduct Network Assessments
- When would you use offset printing?
- How old is Kriss Kross
- How can I get a blockchain
- How do I deal with hating life
- Where can I sell knitwear
- Unmarked police cars are legal
- How are autonomous vehicles reshaping cities?
- Can Catalonia survive as an independent country
- What is an explicit formula
- How do I reach Howrah from Barrackpore
- Who uses geothermal energy
- How are the hostels in YOU
- Could a photon absorb an electron
- What are walkie talkies
- Can cinema change our society?
- What role does light play in photosynthesis?
- Racial discrimination by churches everywhere legal
- If plants can ingest asbestos, they will eat asbestos
- Psychologically, Republicans are more fearful than Democrats