The following uses of those are correct
Common misspellings - below
The incorrect spelling of the word combination "in the following" is one of the most common spelling mistakes in the German language. The correct and incorrect spelling of this phrase are given immediately afterwards:
Until the spelling reform of 1996, a distinction was made between two spellings of this word structure. While "in the following" in the sense of "below" always required lower case letters, "in the following", which was used as a synonym for "in the following statements", was always capitalized. Since 1996, only capitalization has been used as the correct orthographic formulation with regard to "in the following". The notation "in the following" is considered the outdated form and is therefore no longer correct.
The word structure "in the following" appears rather rarely in colloquial language, but is mainly used in high-level language and in correspondence. "In the following" can summarize statements, topics or events that will be discussed, mentioned or dealt with in the immediate future. For example, a teacher can point out that he will address or convey certain things in the lesson when he says: "We will take a closer look at that in the following." Likewise, in correspondence it can refer to a passage of text in which certain points are dealt with: "In the following, the findings of this research series are analyzed."
If the grammatical laws explained below are taken into account, the spelling error "in the following" can be consistently avoided. The word structure "in the following" consists of the preposition "im" and the participle form "following" derived from the verb "Follow", which is substantiated here. Like adjectives and adverbs, substantiated participles are always capitalized. The nouning in this case is due to the "im", which consists of the preposition "in" and the definite article "dem". The definite article requires the nouning of "following" in the phrase which grammatically correctly could also read "in the following". It should be noted, however, that "following" in combination with "im" is also used as a conventional adjective and as such always requires lower case, as is made clear in the following sentences: "In the following semester I will go abroad." or "The exact explanations are given in the following chapter."
Examples of correct application
- Hereinafter the relevant information is summarized.
- Nevertheless, the results are already available, how hereinafter was also clearly emphasized.
- Hereinafter is an example of a drawing by Kandinsky.
- next, then, after, later, after
- Does Pelling Sikkim have a bike scooter rental
- How much does a start-up CEO earn
- When is sunset
- How can I root Canvas Nitro A311
- If plants can ingest asbestos, they will eat asbestos
- Which refrigerant is best for air conditioning
- Will Antoine Griezmann be successful at FC Barcelona?
- Where are the supersymmetry particles
- How can I get marketing training
- CIA agents are deployed
- How do you market office space
- In which state is Clemson University located
- How is Doon Business School doing
- Hasn't Trump been married before?
- Someone would like to discuss
- How should I approach Ulysses
- How do you inspire your students
- Nuclear fusion is coming soon
- Running burns subcutaneous fat
- Has your teacher ever cursed?
- Why do baseball players keep spitting?
- Which company should install live chat services
- What language did Lord Krishna speak
- Who will win the 2020 Olympics