What use is the Django architecture
End-to-end tests: Microsoft publishes Playwright testing tool for Python
Microsoft publishes a pre-release version of Playwright for the Python programming language. With the tool, developers can write end-to-end tests in Python - for all modern web browsers.
A look under the hood
In contrast to some comparable test tools, Playwright should provide reliable, timeout-free automation. The tool apparently automatically waits for the user interface (UI) to be ready. This is to ensure that tests can be performed reliably and are also easier to create. A look under the hood shows that Playwright is based on an event-driven architecture that can listen to browser events such as DOM changes, network requests and page navigation.
In order to be able to react quickly to future innovations for web platforms, the development team has designed the Playwright testing tool so that it can automate newer web functions such as emulations of mobile viewports, geolocation and web permissions. Playwright scripts can intercept and modify network activity and automate scenarios across multiple pages.
Modern browser support
With Playwright you can create automated tests for all modern browser engines. For example for Chromium (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge), WebKit (Apple Safari) and Mozilla Firefox. WebKit is supported on all platforms, so developers can test the rendering on Safari, as well as on Windows and Linux machines.
Further information on the announcement and installation via pytest and Django can be found on Microsoft's developer blog.
(mdo)Comment on the post
Mondays and Thursdays - everything from heise Developer
You can find detailed information on the dispatch procedure and your cancellation options in our data protection declaration.
- How can I increase my GRE score
- Can glaciers move uphill?
- What is special about Gokarna beach
- What is the Trade Facilitation Agreement
- How do I make vanilla hemp milk
- Will the Phoenix Suns ever be good
- Favorite LoFi song and why
- What is the biggest myth about Dracula
- Why did the Aborigines not domesticate the cassowary
- Write text on videos like this one
- Mesh networks are losing speed
- What is the biggest city in Bhutan
- What is pea soup
- Do Dyson vacuums have a HEPA filter
- Why is he teasing me
- Who owns Coachella
- Who is the youngest Pandava
- How can ethanol be converted into ethanol
- School choice is a good thing
- Why don't Muslims eat hot peppers
- How many current US politicians are statesmen
- Is Ahmedabad a safe city
- Why do Indian doctors earn so much
- How does coconut oil help reduce inflammation
- What is a terrestrial vertebrate
- Is the universe a directed acyclic graph
- Why did you give up politics
- What is preferable to mechatronics or electrical engineering
- Why has China banned cryptocurrencies?
- How do I get sincere to myself
- How do I export Gmail emails
- When are taxes levied
- Which organism has the largest known chromosome?