Can we see Bortron 7?
ATLASSIAN ANNOUNCES THE END OF THE SERVER
More resources for cloud & data center and a transparent timeline
It has long been an open secret that Atlassian is pursuing a “cloud-first” strategy. With the announcement that no more server licenses will be sold from February 2021, the strategy is picking up new momentum. And although the "end of the server" is certainly a major cut for some customers, the DataCenter variant remains a promising on-premises solution. At the same time, Atlassian frees up resources in order to further develop its cloud products in a focused manner.
This post is a compilation of information about all of the implications of this announcement.
The data at a glance
- 02.02.2021: New Atlassian server licenses are no longer being sold. Quotes valid until then are excluded. In addition, there will be no more feature updates and the prices for renewals will be increased.
- 01.05.2021: No new server apps can be submitted to the Marketplace.
- 02.02.2022: Upgrades or downgrades of server licenses are no longer offered.
- 02.02.2023: New server apps can no longer be obtained from the Marketplace.
- 02.02.2024: Support for server products ends.
Here go to the official announcement of Atlassian.
Is that a reason to panic?
No. Because this announcement actually means that server customers now have until February 2024 to switch to a different license model. The decision: “How will things continue?” Does not have to be made rashly.
The cloud and data center are available as alternatives. Atlassian is strongly promoting and developing both variants, so that, for example, new functions will be available in the DataCenter version as early as 02.02.2021. These include, for example, advanced roadmaps for Jira Software or team calendars for Confluence.
New prices for data centers
If you already know today that it should stay on-premises and see the right alternative in DataCenter, you can switch to DataCenter at the current prices until 02.02.2021. The new prices will then apply from 02/02/2021. The price increases vary greatly between the individual products, so that our sales team will be happy to provide you with a cost indication for your individual case.
From 02/02/2021, Atlassian will also be granting so-called "loyalty discounts" for existing customers. Until July 1st, 2021, these are between 25% and 40%. Loyalty discounts are also given for migrations from server to cloud or server to data center. Here, too, the sales team is available for extensive advice.
What are the next steps?
Get advice. greenique is there for you and supports you in finding a suitable solution for your individual case. Of course, this announcement means change. However, both the cloud and the data center versions are continuously being developed - and now even with greater impact.
As an Atlassian partner, we are in close contact with the manufacturer and can provide you with targeted and comprehensive advice for the future.
You need help? Arrange your personal consultation appointment directly.MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- How can a startup compete with multinational companies
- Will Florida survive Trump
- What do foreigners think of Bollywood?
- What is the economy of extended warranties
- Can Nagato pick up a truth-seeking bullet
- How do I prepare for TSPSC groups
- Loves Frank Underwood Claire
- What is the difference between habitat and territory
- Overworking causes confusion for the operator
- Is and a preposition or not
- When do pets attack
- What are the disadvantages of tattoos
- Is Joshua Kimmich the next Philipp Lahm
- What are the tastiest Alaskan dishes
- Can technology replace doctors
- How can I deactivate someone's vehicle
- Is it bad to use earphones?
- What are the requirements for a server
- What is your favorite eyebrow product
- What will soldiers wear in the future?
- Ramana Maharshi was a fraud
- What is Triple H's workout routine
- How old is michigan
- Why should marijuana be spiritual