What does Reza Aslan think of Scientology
- Browse by topicSearch our book database by subject, country, epoch, year of publication or key word.
- Book show of the weekHaven't you had time to read the newspaper or drop by us in the last few days? Doesn't matter, because here you can view our review notes from the last six days of publication sorted by newspaper or topic.
- Literature supplementsAll of our notes on the book reviews in the literature supplements from FAZ, FR, NZZ, SZ, taz and Zeit.
The Islamic scholar Gudrun Krämer tells the story of this world religion from its beginnings to the present. It describes the development of Islam and shows how it is linked to the history of politics, law, society and culture. Islam was a cosmopolitan religion from the beginning: Since the founding of the first community by Muhammad and the early conquests, it has been in exchange with other religions and cultures. In the Arab world, a significantly different Islam emerged than in Iran, Indonesia or the Balkans. This is shown by different Islamic art styles as well as different ideas of law and social order. If Islam finds itself in a profound change in the conflict with the West, it is a continuation of a process that began centuries ago.
Review note on Neue Zürcher Zeitung, March 25, 2006
You couldn't ask for more from a 330-page history of Islam, says "vss" with satisfaction. Gudrun Krämer has mastered both the art of arrangement and that of the gap. Thus a "clear" and for the most part "clear" picture of a world religion and its development emerged, "benevolent-critical" in the presentation and differentiated in the description. The reviewer identifies the somewhat "arbitrarily cursory" history of Southeast Asia, the short bibliography and various also "small" factual errors as "small weaknesses". Overall, however, he is very satisfied with this "homogeneous" story. Only a representation of "Islam in the diaspora", for example in the USA or in Europe, "he sorely misses.
- How is botox hair treatment
- Can an ego grow or shrink
- What kind of underrated person everyone should know
- Can become AOC Vice President
- What is a bug in testing software
- Why is StumbleUpon 1 shutting down
- Why did Theseus kill the Minotaur?
- How do you create protective armor
- I am a warrior
- How can I learn SAP Business One
- Why do people install automatic gates
- How does the antidepressant Effexor work
- What is market decentralization
- Lorde writes her own songs
- Joe Rogan is a funny comedian
- What is the best software for photography
- How do you recognize a liar
- What is your favorite counterexample in math
- What is a dehydrating agent
- What is an MFQ planning algorithm
- Hunter Biden is in legal trouble
- Strepsils really cure a sore throat
- What does full cloth mean
- Killing weed killers bees