How can we get a good ranking
Improve Google Ranking: 8 Simple Tips
Do you know that too? You have created your own website full of vigor and are now waiting eagerly for interested visitors, but your visitor statistics are still empty after a long wait?
According to an ARD / ZDF online study from 2014, around 82 percent of all Internet users in Germany use common search engines such as Google at least once a week to get important information quickly and efficiently. In addition, most purchase decisions start on the Internet and the Internet-based search is therefore associated with a firm purchase intention. Most of the clicks receive search results that are in the top positions. It is all the more important for you that your website gets the highest possible ranking.
We know the decisive factors that contribute to a good ranking on a search engine and we share our 8 best tips with which you can easily improve the Google ranking:
1. Define your keywords
In order to be found by your desired target group in the vastness of the Internet, you should know the needs of your customers very well. This means that you should know what your clients are looking for and what terms they are typing into the search engines for it. In short: The first step in selecting relevant search terms (keywords) is keyword analysis. Once you have sorted the search terms according to relevance, you need to place them in the right places. Your main keyword should usually be in the following tags:
- Domain name
- Page title
- Page description
- Page headings
- Meta description
However, you should absolutely avoid over-optimizing your site, because Google doesn't like that at all and can devalue your site!
2. Only one keyword per page
Many website operators often use the same keyword for multiple subpages or blog posts on their website. This leads to problems for you at the latest when your pages compete uncontrollably with one another on Google. To avoid this, it is worthwhile to provide each thematically related subpage with a different but suitable main keyword.
3. Create informative content with at least 300 words
Google ranks websites and articles with a lot of text better than those with little content. Always make sure that your keywords are sensibly placed and that synonyms are used in the text. The search engine also evaluates the behavior of your website visitors. So if you provide your text with helpful content and a user-friendly structure with suitable headings in common HTML formats and supporting images, your website will do better in the Google ranking in the long term.
In addition, the search engine rewards websites that grow organically. For this reason, it is advisable to constantly update new and, above all, valuable content. This shouldn't happen all at once, but regularly.
4. Optimize Your pictures
Regardless of whether it is a short post in a blog or a long description of a page: Images are used almost trivially everywhere to convey information and thus make it easier for the user to read. However, don't underestimate Google image search. Who will be found if the picture is named IMG0001342? In order to make your images SEO-friendly, the images should be given appropriate names. For example, the search engines rate the placement of the keyword in the alt attribute, in the title, in the description or in the caption as particularly positive.
5. Create user-friendly URLs
Make your URL as search engine friendly as possible, for example by including your main keyword or by keeping the URL brief and informative in general. The Search Engine Journal found that excessively long URLs tend to damage the search presence rather than use them.
6. Use lists, numbering and tables
With a skilful search engine optimization you cannot avoid enumerations and numbering in a written text. Lists and graphic representations such as tables also support the user-friendliness of your website. They facilitate the reading comprehension of your website visitors and give your content more structure. Google has already recognized this and prefers websites with bulleted and numbered lists in the search results.
7. Set meaningful links
Google and Co. try to understand the structure of a website. Well-structured pages get a better place in the Google ranking than less well-ordered ones. For example, it is helpful to include links between your pages that refer to keywords on your other pages. If you always link your search terms to the same page, the relevance of your page on Google for this specific keyword increases.
Again, however, you should avoid over-optimizing in order not to be treated as spam by Google. You should therefore vary the text of your internal links here as well.
8. Use Google AdWords
Google AdWords is an excellent marketing strategy for attracting potential customers for your website at a low cost. To do this, you can easily create short individual ads for specific keywords, which Google then places in the top ranks of the search results. The good thing is, you only pay for clicks on your ads. However, in order to avoid unnecessary costs and thus nasty surprises, you should consider the following beforehand:
- Define your relevant target group.
- Analyze suitable keywords for your products or services.
- Write compelling ad text of 25-35 characters.
- Use goal-oriented bid strategies.
If you heed these 8 tips, the Google ranking of your websites should improve significantly. Do you have any further questions about your website optimization? No problem, we will be happy to help you. Just contact us!
- How do you feel with loud music
- What are the least common surnames
- Where are electronic circuits used 1
- What is the best moveset for Magikarp
- Should I donate my clothes to charity?
- On which stock exchange is McDonalds sold?
- Can a collector hold an Infinity Stone?
- What are the best deals on Amazon
- Free hosting site can make significant money
- Will Trump tariffs generate significant revenue
- Which journal is suitable for image processing?
- Where do restaurants buy disposable containers
- How do black bears defend themselves?
- The Indian Navy and the marching Navy are the same
- Why is sexuality important for social development?
- Why is soil considered a living being
- Are controversial questions allowed in the Frequently Asked Questions on the topic
- The rules of the game never change
- Which color makes houses sell the most?
- Is meditation better than yoga
- Information can be generated randomly
- What is the best hoverboard to buy
- Aliens think humans are useless
- How do I have to concentrate on exams