What are inhalers
There is a wide range of different inhalers and inhalers on the market - sometimes it is difficult for those affected to see the forest for the trees.
Here is a brief guide to help you classify the inhalation devices better.
Inhalers and inhalers (also called nebulizers) are used for two different types of inhalation.
Inhalers is used for so-called dry inhalation. With this type of inhalation, the active ingredient is inhaled as a powder-air mixture.
The advantage is that the dose administered is always precisely determined.
The disadvantage of inhalers is that you have to coordinate the inhalation with the triggering of the stroke in order to use them correctly. Because of this, inhalers are less suitable for babies and young children.
Dry inhalation is mostly used for the administration of bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory agents.
Emergency medication for asthma and other chronic diseases of the lower respiratory tract are also carried in inhalers.
Inhalation devices or nebulisers are used for so-called wet inhalation. The aerosol to be inhaled can be produced using different techniques.
Depending on the technology, a distinction is made between ultrasonic, compressed air (or compressor) or membrane nebulizers. The active ingredient is inhaled in tiny droplets. The size of the droplets can be precisely determined, so that one can optimally reach either the upper, middle or lower airways.
The inhalation devices are therefore suitable for a wide range of diseases of the respiratory tract.
The advantage is that no special breathing technique is required with the nebulizers, as you can also inhale through a mask. This is why inhalation devices are particularly suitable for small children and babies.
The disadvantage of this method is the longer time it takes to administer the same amount of active ingredient.
Almond S. How do children with asthma inhale correctly? Excerpt from: https://www.kinder-asthma.com/wie-inhalieren-kinder-mit-asthma-richtig/
￼Inhale correctly (2018). Types of inhalers with how they work. Excerpt from: https://www.richtig-inhalieren.de/ratgeber-inhalieren/arten-von-inhalatoren-mit-erklaerung-funktionsweise/
- Can cold water swimming help with depression
- Will my body continue to change
- How did the British colonize Saudi Arabia
- How does a person become a sociopath
- What are Angular Highcharts Combinations
- Is Bittrex safe for holding cryptocurrencies
- How do I stop being cruel
- Space transport is possible
- How do you write and without and
- What was Lady Macbeth's ambition?
- How should I prepare for TCS
- Will the smartphone era end
- Is coaching required for IES
- What is the most popular post on Instagram
- Does space have an atmosphere?
- Can you decipher the word ETER?
- How do cameras get better
- What are semiconductors made of
- What does it mean in Italian boh
- Why did Theseus kill the Minotaur?
- Should I sell my share in Pfizer?
- What is VNF in virtualization
- Which startups are funded by Yuri Milner
- How much iRiS F B costs