Why do heavy machines use diesel fuel
Milestones in science and technology
- Rapeseed consumes a lot of agricultural land; Rights: Mauritius
- Natural gas is cheaper than conventional fuels; Rights: AP
All fuels that are made from crude oil have the same disadvantage: when they burn, carbon dioxide is produced, a gas that is harmful to the climate. That is why there has been a search for more environmentally friendly alternatives for a few years.
Biodiesel: Rudolf Diesel was already experimenting with peanut oil when he was looking for a suitable fuel for his engine. For a few years now you can get the so-called "biodiesel" at every petrol station. This consists largely of vegetable oil. Vegetable oil also burns to carbon dioxide, but since the plants have previously removed this from the atmosphere, no new gas is produced.
Bioethanol: The more environmentally friendly alternative bioethanol is now also available for gasoline engines. This alcohol is made from plant waste. It can be used as fuel either alone or mixed with gasoline, but it is so aggressive that many engines in older models cannot tolerate it.
Natural gas: Another alternative for the gasoline engine is the drive with natural gas. Natural gas produces much less carbon dioxide than gasoline or diesel. In addition, there are significantly fewer other pollutants such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides or soot particles. Natural gas is significantly cheaper than other fuels, but you also need your own tank for it.
These biofuels are also hotly debated: Although fewer pollutants are produced when they are burned, carbon dioxide, for example, is released during production. Fields where people used to grow food are now often turned into biofuel plantations. As a result, food is becoming scarce in some parts of the world. One thing in particular helps to protect the environment: leave the car standing still more often!
- How good is it to do 150 squats a day
- What is apparent weight
- Why do people love to feel happy?
- Shouldn't lower costs actually influence your decision
- Do you think Ericsson will go bankrupt?
- How do I root Micromax Canvas 5
- Why is soil considered a living being
- What was Lord Ram's macaw
- What is Grinnell College known for?
- How can I leave a boring student
- Comedians George Carlin was enlightened
- What are some food sources of iron
- How can Apple generate such incredible revenue
- Why is society so gullible
- What is meant by GGT
- Who discovered tungsten 1
- Why don't more people buy Xm radio
- What is the Universal Life Church
- How many times has America declared war?
- Is the execution of a deserter a war crime?
- Are data loss glitches
- How do I intensify my training
- Why does the truth suck sometimes
- Can Samsung J7 screen mirror