What are the meditation and relaxation techniques
Learn to relax
You can relax with simple means. For example, by listening to music, reading, going for a walk, swimming, doing sports or going to a concert. Such methods relax because they create satisfaction. One also speaks of so-called passive methods.
Active relaxation techniques
But there are also active relaxation techniques. They have a targeted and systematic effect on the organism. Active relaxation methods include progressive muscle relaxation and autogenic training. The effects have been scientifically well researched and proven. There is also a lot of evidence for the effects of yoga, meditation and imagination exercises.
How relaxation works
Active relaxation techniques
- relieve tension and calm down.
- train body awareness.
- help to reduce physical and emotional arousal in stressful situations.
- make you more resilient and increase your stress tolerance.
- help you to become more relaxed and satisfied in the long term.
- reduce existing psychosomatic complaints such as tension headaches, cardiac or circulatory disorders
- help with chronic complaints.
- can be used as immediate aid in acute stressful situations.
Relaxing made easy
Finally relaxed! Find the technology that suits you. We'll show you the possibilities.
Practice creates masters
You can learn an active relaxation method in just a few weeks, for example in the TK relaxation courses. However, it does not work without practice. As with physical exercise, this will take some time - around 20 minutes a day. Preferably at a fixed hour.
Some people get up 20 minutes earlier for this. Others forego part of the evening television program for 20 minutes. The reward for this commitment is not just the daily relaxed feeling of wellbeing after the exercise. In the long term, you can cope with stress in a more relaxed, creative and healthy manner.
A place just for you
Find a quiet place in your home or elsewhere. Some have it easy, others have to fight for a place where they can close the door behind them. No matter where it is: At the beginning it is best to always practice in the same place.
Make sure that you are not disturbed during your practice time. Often a sign on the door or a brief note to your family members will help. Turn the phone down. You can also set an egg timer for children so that they know when you can be contacted again.
Come to rest
Then sit or lie down comfortably, loosening tight belts or other uncomfortable clothing if necessary. Close your eyes, inhale and exhale a few quiet times, and focus on your body. Adopt a passive attitude. You don't have to do anything. Let everything happen.
And then practice the relaxation method that you have chosen. You will see that after a few days you will not want to do without this break. Because it brings you relaxation and wellbeing.
After the exercise
During relaxation, your body shuts down its operating system. Your blood pressure drops, your muscles relax, your breath becomes calm. There may even be times when you fall asleep. After deep relaxation, it is therefore important to actively adjust to everyday life again. To do this, slowly open your eyes, take a deep breath, and straighten up. Only then do you get up slowly.
- When is centrifugation used?
- Anxiety can last a few seconds
- Paul McCartney invented rap
- Why is COBOL a high-level language
- Is elegance ever a bad thing
- What are the electron releasing groups
- What is the history of the Pascal language
- Hanfu is considered old-fashioned
- What is the common name of Fe304
- Men express only self-pity
- Where did the words come from?
- Why do we use paid templates
- What are the uses of ferromagnetic fluids
- What does a marketing consultant cost
- What are the types of biodiversity
- Why is math so difficult
- Why is faith lost in trouble
- Black envelopes can be sent with USPS
- What is Explicit Cost Dynamics
- You can re-register after being discharged
- Can I do my job while doing MPSC
- What are some common Korean greetings
- What kind of theater play is that
- Why do we exchange gifts for Christmas?