What is boric acid good for?
Boron: a health risk?
Since boron is not considered an essential nutrient, there are no recommendations as to how much boron should be consumed through food each day. It is estimated that a normal diet consumes between 1–3 milligrams of boron per day.
Boron occurs mainly in plant-based foods, drinking water (0.1 to 0.3 mg boron per liter) and mineral water (on average 0.75 mg per liter). In addition to vegetables and fruit (0.2-0.4 mg / 100 g), prunes (2.7 mg / 100 g), nuts (1.6-2.3 mg / 100 g), cereal products as well as wine and beer are relatively rich of boron, while foods of animal origin hardly contain any boron. Therefore, people who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet take in higher amounts of boron.
Boric acid (E 284) and sodium tetraborate (E 285) are also permitted as preservatives, but only for real caviar.
However, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is of the opinion that adults should not ingest more than 10 milligrams of boron per day from all sources (upper intake level). This amount is usually not reached by adults through food alone, adolescents and children can, however, exceed the upper intake level applicable to them without supplementation.
In addition to common foods, other sources of boron intake are dietary supplements, medicines, cosmetics and toys (jumping clay, goo paste).
- Is there a state fair in Washington
- Why do people hate Linkin Park
- Are CFL lamps recyclable?
- Why did the Aborigines not domesticate the cassowary
- How inductivities store electricity
- How can you define data and instructions
- How much does Google Cloud Storage cost
- What happened to the Roma during World War II
- Why do we celebrate World Photography Day
- What is the best soap for babies
- What is the cheapest hosting in Pakistan
- What is wasting energy or effort
- How should one learn history
- Why is the emergency room sometimes free
- What is Grinnell College known for?
- Why don't we call Mesopotamia a civilization
- How do I take care of food
- How do I get programming skills
- Where did the first cell come from?
- How did Freddie Mercury learn to sing
- Can become AOC Vice President
- Causes selfishness to make people hypocritical
- How are the hostel rooms at MANIT
- Why do chains rust