How is canned soup made
How good is canned chicken soup?
Fresh chicken soup is considered a home remedy for colds. However, the usually elaborate preparation means that many people reach for canned chicken soup. The manufacturers heat the contents of the can to more than 100 degrees and thus preserve it for several years. In a sample, TV chef Tarik Rose compared five canned chicken soups (price per 800 milliliter can):
- Aldi Pottkieker chicken stew with mussel noodles for 85 cents
- Lidl Coquette chicken noodle pot for 85 cents
- Sonnen Bassermann chicken noodle stew for 1.95 euros
- Erasco chicken noodle pot for 2.29 euros
- Alnatura chicken noodle stew for 1.95 euros per 400 milliliter can
Ingredients: flavorings, salt, thickener
According to the list of ingredients, the chicken soups contain little chicken and vegetables, but a lot of noodles. Only in the soup from Alnatura there are slightly more vegetables than in the other products, the proportion of pasta is slightly lower. The added aromas and salt provide the flavor. For all of the chicken soups in the sample, one bowl of soup contains four grams of salt. The daily amount recommended by the World Health Organization is six grams of salt per day. All soups contain a thickening agent, for example starch or guacer flour.
The TV chef doesn't like chicken soup
No chicken soup convinced TV chef Tarik Rose in the sample. The chicken and noodle stew from Alnatura tastes least artificial, but a bit slack.
This is what manufacturers and dealers say
Sonnen Bassermann for the use of flavors
"Our Sonnen Bassermann chicken noodle stew contains flavors to ensure a round, full-bodied taste of the product beyond the best before date of three years."
Sonnen Bassermann on the use of thickeners
"Strictly speaking, the thickeners are natural potato starches that are only used from a technological point of view. During the production process, the soup must be easy to fill. For this, all ingredients must be homogeneously distributed in a mixture, which is why they have a certain consistency (viscosity) must have. "
Lidl on the use of flavors
"To round off the taste, we use Chicken Flavor in our Coquette Chicken Noodle Pot. No broth from cooked chicken is used for the product."
Lidl on the use of thickeners
"The use of a thickener is necessary so that the components of the stew such as chicken, noodles and vegetables are evenly distributed in the broth and not settle."
Erasco on the use of thickeners
This has "only reasons for filling technology".
This topic in the program:
Market | 02/13/2017 | 8:15 pm
- What's your favorite diet soda
- How does the tide lock work
- The Vikings successfully invaded France
- Every person is statistical
- Do you like Doki Doki
- What is a trick to hold pushups by hand
- What does axle weight mean
- What causes melasma on the face
- What do you advise to write texts
- What is Loudr fm
- Exotel has a call masking function
- Can paratroopers shoot their weapons in the air
- What is the best business interruption insurance
- Why do guitarists ignore triads
- What is Enterprise Service Management
- How far can your ego destroy you
- Cashback is shown on the bank statement
- How can I get my country back
- Which is better Sharepoint or Peoplesoft
- Which famous phrases don't actually help you
- Is there a cure for pedophilia
- What are people discussing about
- How do I turn my url on
- Why was Gulbarga renamed Kalaburagi