What are some non-mainstream media websites
The media of the new right
Ms. Kohrs, you examined seven different media of the New Right in Germany (Junge Freiheit; KenFM; PI; Compact; Kopp; RT Deutsch; Sezession). What characteristics do all of these media have in common?
The investigated media address an audience that does not feel adequately or appropriately informed by the so-called (externally titled) “mainstream media”, the established media. In these media, other priorities are set - right-conservative or in the direction of conspiracy theory. You want to establish a kind of "counterpublicity"; against issues that they call "mainstream". For example, this can be a completely different type of reporting on Russia than we know from the established media.
How widespread are these media?
The only checked edition is Junge Freiheit, which is currently a little more than 28,000 sold editions per week, Compact supposedly has 40,000 sold editions per month. The websites and Facebook pages are reaching more people. Compared to Spiegel Online or Zeit Online, however, the media does not reach that many people. My assessment is that the internet and social media naturally create a much greater reach for the media than they could only achieve with print products. But that actually applies to all media. I cannot make a quantitative statement here.
Some of these media do not position themselves politically right. How are these offers positioned?
KenFM, the magazine “Compact”, RT Deutsch and some books from the Kopp publishing house claim to resolve the classic conflict between right and left. Instead, there is an “up against down”, a “people against elites”.
Others, on the other hand, make no secret of their right disposition. Do you still observe ideological differences?
The weekly newspaper “Junge Freiheit”, the theory magazine “Sezession” and the blog “PI-News” position themselves clearly to the right of the CDU. Right-wing conservative views are to be conveyed, especially in the case of Junge Freiheit and Secession. You won't find any right-wing extremist content at Junge Freiheit. The editor of the Secession, Götz Kubitschek, in the opinion of the editor of Junge Freiheit, Dieter Stein, on the other hand, does not distance himself sufficiently from the NPD. For example, NPDists take part in events organized by the Institute for State Policy, which is affiliated with the Secession. In a text from August 2013, the Italian activist Adriano Scianca campaigned for fascism to be carried over to the present day.
The right blog PI-News has a wide reach and is particularly well known. The structures behind the blog are not transparent, it is operated anonymously. What are the consequences?
There is no imprint where an editor or person responsible is named. That alone reveals the site as a dubious medium. There is no contact person to whom those affected by false or disparaging representations can turn and request a correction.
What is the content of PI News about?
The blog advertises itself as "against the mainstream, pro-American, pro-Israeli, against the Islamization of Europe, for the constitution and human rights". The dominant themes are crimes committed by immigrants and the alleged infiltration of Europe. For example, police reports and reports from newspapers are linked or quoted that report on criminal behavior by foreigners. However, crimes of rights or xenophobia motivated crimes are not discussed here to any significant extent. The topic setting is therefore highly selective. Refugees are sometimes referred to as "Merkel's Fiki-Fiki specialists". Many of the blog articles deal with sexual violence by foreigners.
Does the blog also cover topics beyond the alleged criminality of immigrants?
Terms like “lying press” keep appearing here. There are also a few texts that convey very conservative values. For example in the text “Europe's childless politicians” - there it is described that the childlessness of Germans “will lead in the medium term to an over-representation of“ immigrant children ”in the most economically relevant age group of 20-35 years”. Some politicians are named as examples - but childless politicians of the AfD do not appear here.
- How do I find the limit
- How do Americans view divorce
- Support the killing of stray dogs
- What is CBD Loest CBD Anxiety
- Can you trust your siblings that I can't
- What is meant by medical Velcro straps
- How does data mining work with R
- How do capacitors and inductors increase the voltage
- Are judges not elected bureaucrats
- Who accepts Litecoin
- Do you like independent music
- Should Facebook create a search engine
- Pushed LeBron Magic out
- What is RST 5
- Can someone give me some advice 4
- What are common characteristics of night owls
- Can we define happiness in scientific terms?
- Is it safe to use the ACmarket APK
- Why does China control its citizens?
- Why can't quark be a fundamental particle
- Who inherited Stalin's wealth after he died?
- Is there a Popeyes in Great Britain
- Which is the best microprocessor
- Black quarterbacks take over the NFL
- Can liquid bandaids cause infections?
- How do non-polar covalent bonds arise
- Will Trump tariffs generate significant revenue
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez looks good
- Owns Zuckerberg Instagram
- The Economist is considered a liberal publication
- How did the Swiss Chalet get its name
- Boot to restore what it does
- How do arachnids get food
- Is the singer Madonna still in good health