How difficult is it to cook squid
Octopus: delicacy from the sea
Octopus, octopus or Spanish pulpo: all three names stand for one and the same mollusc. Octopuses are the largest members of the squid family, which includes squids and cuttlefish. They can weigh up to 25 kilos and have one head and eight arms (tentacles). Their meat is very firm, mild in taste, low in calories and rich in healthy proteins, omega-3 fatty acids and iodine.
When buying octopus, pay attention to freshness
When buying, consumers should definitely pay attention to freshness. The octopus should have a white color without spots or yellowish spots, shine and smell neutral or like the fresh sea. Animals weighing one to two pounds are best for the kitchen. It is advisable to have them removed by the fishmonger because it takes a lot of work to clean a pulpo perfectly. It is best to prepare it on the day of shopping, an octopus should be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of one to two days.
Boil, grill, fry and marinate octopus
Octopus is particularly popular in the Mediterranean countries. It tastes very good grilled, fried or marinated in a seafood salad. Wash the octopus well before preparing it, especially the tentacles are often still sandy.
To make the meat nice and tender, the octopus must first be cooked. Put the whole animal in a large saucepan with plenty of water, a bay leaf, a little salt and, if you like, some garlic and cook over a low heat, otherwise it will be tough. Depending on the size, this takes 1 to 1 ½ hours. The octopus is done when a wooden skewer can be easily inserted and removed again.
The still widespread tip of boiling a wine cork so that the octopus is tender has not been confirmed.
After cooking, let the octopus cool in the cooking water. Then remove the small, hard mouthpiece and cut the meat into pieces and either marinate with oil, vinegar and lemon juice for a salad or roast / grill. Usually only the tentacles are used. But if you like, you can also process your head.
Pulpo pan with pointed peppers
For this special starter, Hannes Schröder first cooks the octopus in water and then fries it briefly in the pan with vegetables and herbs. more
Octopus salad with potatoes
The Mediterranean seafood salad is a popular Italian appetizer. It is prepared with fennel, celery and potatoes and served lukewarm. more
This topic in the program:
My afternoon | 09.10.2019 | 4:20 pm
- How could macro and microeconomics affect the start?
- How is Houston and Miami comparable
- How are verbal cues used in communication
- How can aloe vera lead to abortion
- Who is the god of Indian cinema
- What is 72 out of 100
- According to DC Comics that paralyzed Batman
- Is meditation useful to heal the eyesight?
- How did Zocdoc get the first traction
- What is pea soup
- Which car brand has the highest maintenance
- Which card works best in India
- Should I buy Whole Foods stock?
- What can we get from newspapers
- Will I benefit from a dental discount plan?
- Which song introduced you to heavy metal?
- Why are eunuchs abandoned by their parents
- How is Ravenshaw's colleges doing
- What are the benefits of peer assessment
- Approach girls men in BITS Pilani
- Why is my while loop being skipped
- Did Jesus treat his disciples as slaves
- What is the full form of SPMU
- What are Alexa Skill Blueprints
- Can floods be controlled
- How is ay used in Spanish?
- Would you shower or bathe every day
- How rich is the average Australian citizen
- How is Capgemini 1
- How did Disney change music?
- Why are CEO photos so strange 1
- Delta Force is overrated
- I am learning, but I easily forget why