Can bluetooth headphones work underwater?
Buy swimming headphones: That's why they're worth buying
Selection criteria and advice on buying swimming headphones
Few people own swimming headphones, although almost everyone enjoys listening to music while doing sports. So why not swim too? This is possible with swimming headphones. In the following, we will give you tips on choosing suitable, waterproof headphones.
Selection criteria for swimming headphones
With swimming headphones, you can enjoy your favorite music underwater. In order to find suitable headphones for swimming, you should pay attention to a few criteria.
The most important point is that the headphones are completely waterproof at least in accordance with the IP standard X7 or IPX8. On the one hand, the buttons on the headphones should be big enough to be found quickly underwater. Ease of use is also important.
Furthermore, the swimming headphones should sit firmly on the ears so that they stay in the water despite rapid movements. You should also close your ear well. To make listening to music fun while swimming, the sound quality should be perfect underwater. The bass must be clearly audible and the sounds must be clear.
In addition, the playing time should be sufficient to be able to carry out an extended swimming unit with music. The headphones should also have their own storage space so that you can load enough songs on them.
If you want to use the headphones in the sea, they should also have protection against salt water.
Swimming headphones in the test
We have tested three headphones for swimming on the criteria for you. The SmartEra 4 GB for around 23 euros, the Sony Sport Walkman for around 80 euros and the JBL Endurance Dive for around 70 euros.
The SmartEra look like a small MP3 player and are operated that way. There are only three small buttons that switch on / off and volume up / down. Switching between the songs also works perfectly underwater.
The Sony headphones are also easy to use. The volume is regulated on the left of the ear and switched on and off on the right and the music is operated. The advantage here is that the buttons are large. This simplifies operation enormously under water.
The JBL work by swiping or tapping on the touchpad. However, it hardly works in water. Although it is possible to lock the touchpad, you first have to remove the headphones and switch them on and off.
The cheap SmartEra are in-ear headphones, but they also have a cable, rubber bands and the control unit. The supplied hair clips ensure that you can attach the complete set of headphones to your ears.
With the Sony Walkman, the headphones are connected and sit very tightly on the ears with a clamshell. Underwater, this also ensures that no water can run into your ears.
The JBL are connected with a rubber band and close the ears well. They are also comfortable to wear.
The SmartEra sound a bit tinny and easily consumed outside. The sound is much better in the water.
The quality of the Sony Walkman is significantly higher, however, because these headphones offer clear sound and good bass - both outdoors and in the water.
The JBL headphones have the best sound of the three variants.
The JBL and Sony headphones have a Bluetooth connection and are suitable for making calls. But only when dry. The Bluetooth stops immediately under water. So music has to be loaded onto the headphones beforehand.
The Sony and the SmartEra have an enormous storage capacity of 4 GB. The JBL headphones have 1 GB, which is still enough for around 200 songs.
5. Battery life
You can use the SmartEra for a few hours. The JBL, on the other hand, only last 30 minutes under water, according to the product description. The Sony Walkman had the longest running time of the three headphones.
In the test, the Sony headphones were the most convincing in all categories. However, the cheap SmartEra are also a good alternative.
- Arabic language What is considered Zina
- What are the arguments against the accounting rules
- Are apple peel waterproof
- Why are conductors called positive temperature coefficients
- Which measures are taken into account when employing teachers?
- How old is OkEx
- Why should I do keyword research
- What is x if 8 x 32
- How do I cook pasta perfectly
- What distinguishes Beethoven from other composers
- What games do you like to play
- Why is an online dental consultation worth it?
- What is evil growth
- How can I write a Chevening Essay
- What French pastries begin with BRI
- How to cross the Brooklyn Bridge
- HDFS is required when using MAPR
- What is Bluehost
- Why do most kids hate cleaning up?
- When will Soylent start shipping internationally
- In how many countries are CIA employees active?
- What is a schedule
- What was Napoleon's personality and character
- Which sport pollutes the most
- How did you get intelligent?
- What is a Christophany
- Why doesn't China replace domestic demand
- Which supercar has the least maintenance
- What is the trend in website navigation methods
- What is the glass of beer
- What was Lord Ram's macaw
- What are some underrated email providers
- How should you face a stressful interview