When should the Golden Retriever sleep outside?
What you have to consider if you want to keep dogs outside in winter
It is inconceivable for you that you keep your dog outside in winter? It used to be common practice that dogs were sometimes only kept outdoors. Even nowadays this dog keeping is outdoors such as z. B. on farms, nothing unusual. However, if you want to keep dogs outside in winter, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Which dog breeds are suitable for outdoor keeping?
Not every breed of dog is suitable for being kept outdoors. Because of your Ancestry, robustness and physical disposition the following dog breeds are available:
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Great Pyrenees
- Herd protection dog such as Kommondor, Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Kuvacz, Ovtscharka
- St. Bernard
- Sled dog such. B. Husky and Malamute
- Doberman Pinscher
- German shepherd dog
Even if your dog is not one of the suitable dog breeds, the right dog winter coat can make up for the lack of fur.
Why you want to keep dogs outside in winter
It is not a problem if you keep your dog outside in winter. Many breeds of dogs would prefer being kept outdoors over keeping them indoors. Due to their disposition z. B. the fur, certain dog breeds are well equipped for survival outdoors.
Keeping dogs outdoors is justified as long as species-appropriate animal husbandry is observed.
Many dog owners choose to keep their dog indoors and outdoors while they are at work. Others simply view their dog as a watchdog. Find out now the temperatures at which your dog will freeze so you don't have to feel guilty.
Dog ownership outdoors: keep these 5 things in mind in winter
The size the dog house must be adapted to the size of your dog. The Location should not be on the weather side. The Condition of the shelter must offer your dog protection from the elements. A well-warming and insulating material is required that is robust at the same time. In addition, the dog house must also offer the dog a shady place for the coming hot summer days. If your dog has access to the garden, the garden must also be made suitable for dogs.
2. Appropriate husbandry
Even if your dog is outdoors all day, that does not mean that he can go without his daily walking routes. Depending on age, breed and physical condition, every dog needs a species-appropriate attitude, where enough space is needed. A dog is a social being and needs its walking routes including social contacts.
Keeping dogs in chains is prohibited!
Dogs are pack animals, ideally two dogs live outside. When keeping your dog outdoors alone, a social bond between family and dog is essential.
Do not use a strangler collar or your dog could strangle itself. In addition, strangler collars were recently banned. A rib cage is ideal for keeping your dog outdoors.
Always make sure the kennel is clean. Vermin, in particular, can quickly nestle in the dog house. Avoid moisture inside the hut, this can also lead to health problems. Always provide your dog with fresh water and food.
Worrying about leaving your dog alone in the garden? Then give yourself and your dog security with a Tractive GPS device. So you always know where your furry darling is outdoors!
Order Tractive GPS now
What is your opinion? Leave a comment!
- How do you bake concealer
- What is a wheel
- What is beauty according to Kant
- How expensive is a car rental with Enterprise
- On which stock exchange is McDonalds sold?
- Which Midwestern states are worth visiting
- Why does lightning strike a person?
- What bacteria cause whooping cough
- What does Rahu mean in Scorpio
- Is there a superior culture
- Lorde writes her own songs
- White people become infected with HIV
- What's your favorite scene in Mentalist
- Have you ever cried to see someone laugh
- Where does the term fruit come from?
- Muhammad Ali's brother is still alive
- What is array_walk_recursive in PHP
- How can you be a professional cricketer
- What is 1 kg weight force
- What does OOTD
- How Apple recognizes someone wearing an apple watch
- How do police officers know areas so well?
- What are some tips for general IELTS
- What does crucified mean
- How do I start using code forces
- What is self-discovery
- Which artist sang the song Stardust
- How does the conductivity of nitrile rubber work
- What is Warez BB
- What should I do for additional income
- Polar bears are smart
- What does a uniform rope mean?
- How can Foursquare be improved