JQuery is still being maintained
jQuery terminology and definition
History of jQuery
jQuery was developed by the American programmer John Resig. The library was first presented to a wider public in January 2006 at a so-called Barcamp conference and has been continuously developed since then. Two development strands are currently being maintained independently of one another, which differ in terms of Browser compatibility distinguish. The project is run as a foundation and is financed through donations. The individual developers are also paid by clients on a project-by-project basis.
Function groups at jQuery
The jQuery library offers developers a number of functional groups. With the help of the individual functions, elements within the DOM select. The Sizle selector engine largely corresponds to the CSS 3 selectors. Other functions allow manipulation of the DOM. In addition, jQuery contains an extended event system, auxiliary functions, effects, animations and numerous Ajax functions. In addition, numerous Plug-ins offered.
Especially that jQuery UI, which facilitates the uniform design of user interfaces, is one of the development team's popular solutions. However, numerous elements for the dynamic presentation of content can also be integrated directly into websites.
Once the base library is in a HTML document is integrated, objects can be addressed. First, an object is created with the jQuery function, which is then passed on to other functions. In this way, certain behaviors or effects are assigned to the object via an event (mouse click, rollover, OnLoad, etc.). In this way, typical effects and content elements can be identified by addressing CSS classes generate or assign behavior.
Documentation and implementation
As usual with open source projects, jQuery, its development strands and the various derivations are accompanied by extensive documentation. Starting with the installation through the integration of the basic function up to the creation of objects and the addressing of elements, all important questions are explained here. Of course, developers can find more information in the Community support fetch where questions are also answered. For German-speaking users there are a number of forums and translations more important Tutorials on disparate websites.
In addition to the extensive documentation and the large community, functions of jQuery or plug-ins based on it can also be integrated and used via a number of editors, so that productive use at the push of a button or the integration of content elements and the assignment of certain behavior directly via graphical user interfaces of the Editors is possible. This also improves the productive use and reduces the learning effort for beginners.
Financing and license
On the one hand, a project like jQuery lives from the active participation of users and developers and the willingness to publish knowledge and results of one's own work on the project website and to share them with others. The development team finances its work through donations and through participation in projects that require in-depth knowledge. There are also some commercial ones Companieswho use jQuery with profit and therefore support the development team financially.
jQuery was created under the MIT license. This leaves the user with the right to use, copy, modify and change jQuery without restrictions. The only condition remains the inclusion of the copy-right notice from jQuery Foundation and the note that this assumes no liability for legal infringements, violations, contraventions or misuse for websites in which jQuery is used.
Any liability is also excluded for errors or damage in connection with projects or for bugs. In this way, responsibility for the development and use of the library is placed in the hands of the users. The willingness of community members to respond to problems Bugs and to point out possibilities and to document them form the quality management of the library. The development team takes note of the reports and changes them to newer ones Releasesincorporated where appropriate.
- What happens if I eat wet bread
- Should I join Banasthali in grade 11
- How can aloe vera lead to abortion
- Why are people fascinated by butts
- Can a therapist change a teenager's behavior?
- Why do guitarists ignore triads
- What is drug decriminalization
- What is it like to be Messi
- What is the formula for diluting stocks
- Is the math consistent
- Can we fix problems through astral projection?
- On which technology stack is Coursera built?
- How do other Italians see Calabrians
- How should I get inspired?
- China has a constitution
- Why are valve amplifiers the best
- Is CBS the most watched network
- Why is every snowflake unique
- Which carpet goes well with gray walls
- What is an e-rickshaw job
- Is there a range for floating numbers
- What is David Parker Ray's transcript
- Could Buy Jeff Bezos Luxembourg
- How long should life be extended
- What bothers you about cold winters
- How can public prosperity be created
- How is the consonant cluster
- Can an MCA work in sales
- What are the HTML formatting elements
- Blocks OkCupid users from viewing profiles
- Is it good to be socially isolated?
- How do I make a design concept
- Which company makes swimming pools in India?