How do you become a goth
HowTo: How to become a Gothic without upsetting your parents
On the American pages of wikiHow, I found a guide that describes how to transform yourself into Gothic as a teenager without upsetting your parents. I had to smile. What great youngsters we would have been if we had plunged into the black waters with the help of such instructions. Instead, the Bravo confronted us with the rat, which went straight to the limit, left for London and slept in the coffin in the black-painted room. How are we supposed to be sensible?
In any case, I found the instructions so cute that I asked the Americans in an email if I could use their pictures and texts to write a Germanized offshoot. And while I know I'll have a hard time putting all irony aside, at least I'll try.
Part 1 - Dress like a Gothic
Basic rule 1: You should transform slowly, they say. It should be avoided to overrun the parents with a total change, otherwise they often react with rejection. Instead, a systematic plan is advised to accomplish the transformation.
- Make a six-month plan (tell a youngster to plan how he will go 6 months in advance)
- Start with a single piece of your outfit
- Change or use makeup gently.
Basic rule 2: Mix your style with bright colors. This supposedly shows the parents that, despite the planned Goth existence, one will not go overboard: "Ultimately, you can still look goth without wearing all black.“Colorful clothes not only calm the parents, they also let you shine. I have read. If someone's lower lip hurts while reading this section, because you hold back all the flippant sayings, I feel the same way. But I promised to stay tame.
Basic rule 3: Dress conservatively. If the black color frightens the parents, then one should be able to mitigate this with conservative clothing. Showing little skin and torn tights and pullovers with holes in them are not an option. For young women, black skirts are recommended, which are cleverly combined with black blouses. Young men naturally wear simple black trousers that are worn with a black shirt.
Basic rule 4: Be creative! Constantly wearing black cotton clothes is boring and ultimately you want to show your parents the great possibilities of the new style. According to the American original, materials such as velvet, lace, chiffon, satin, nylon and also silk should be experimented with. Although real silk is really stupid because of the poor caterpillars. The recommended style is Victorian clothing and the 1980s (the dark side, of course) and also steampunk. Hopefully the youngsters will find out on their own that steampunk is not goth.
Basic rule 5: Wear normal black shoes. Avoid wearing crazy Gothic-style shoes and spending your pocket money on them. Your parents will certainly not be happy to pay for shoes that they think look weird. Better to try these models and don't wear pikes, because they are definitely not worth a penny to the parents:
- Black sneakers
- Moderate black boots
- Low heel pumps
- Wear black sheer tights so as not to emphasize the change. Later you can also wear striped stockings!
Part 2 - jewelry and accessories
Basic rule 1: Focus on Gothic accessories. With dark and gloomy accessories you can easily give your existing wardrobe the Gothic flair. Adorning yourself with it is tantamount to a personal and fashionable statement without signaling your parents fundamental changes in your person. Skulls, as shown above, are among the socially accepted symbols. Stay away from strange runes, crosses (also upside down), pentagrams and other symbolism that exceeds the educational horizon of your parents. Prefer to wear:
- A black jacket
- Dark shawls and scarves
- Jewelry like snake bone hairpins, spider rings or bat bracelets
- Black tights, leggings, gloves or finger cots
Basic rule 2: Use traditional make-up. Less is sometimes more. Remember to use makeup that suits your skin type rather than covering it over. Bright and vibrant makeup can alleviate your parents' discomfort when it comes to your appearance as a Goth. Just don't imitate your parents who try to look as youthfully fresh as you with too much make-up and care products. It doesn't work.
Basic rule 3: Don't dye your hair black right away! While this is one of the hallmarks of the Goth style, you shouldn't be doing it right away. Better use fun colors and keep your hands off your parents' razor.
- Use traditional colors like silver. (It says so!)
- Keep your natural hair color, but spice it up with accents of purple, silver, or blue.
- If you do want to dye your hair, contrast your new look with light-colored clothing. If you'd rather walk around wearing gothic clothes right away, don't dye your hair until a few months later so that the parents have time to get used to the new you.
Basic rule 4: Avoid tattoos and piercings. Many people who love the Gothic style get tattooed and pierced to express their style. Depending on your age, you may need your parents' permission to decorate yourself. But even after that, many young adults live with their parents, who see themselves provoked by this form of body jewelry. Wait until you move out of your home.
Part 3 - good behavior
Basic rule 1: Stay true to yourself! Just because you're a goth doesn't mean you have to change your personality. Ultimately, the Goth style reflects your individuality and not a standard that you have to meet. Their parents will also be much happier if you act like yourself, regardless of how you walk around. Changes in behavior and attitudes
Basic rule 2: Get good grades! Does everything to get a good grade. When they attend class and study, their parents will find that your looks have nothing to do with your motivation. Maybe it goes so far that their parents are proud of you because of your achievements and accept your lifestyle. If your parents are not happy with the way you look, promise them good grades. Very shrewd contemporaries first get worse at school in preparation for their transformation, only to then write better grades again as goths. Of course, the American original does not reveal this ingenious trick.
Basic rule 3: Avoid friends who could get you in trouble. The easiest way not to convince your parents of your new style is to meet up with people who are struggling with school or the law. Parents then of course associate this with your appearance and try to dissuade you from your appearance. So look for friends who share your style but are model students and good citizens.
- Stay away from friends who have been arrested or kicked out of school
- Stay away from friends who curse in front of your parents, are rude to others or even prone to violence (you can do that yourself, of course, because it shows your parents that they have failed themselves)
- Avoid people who use drugs
Basic rule 4: Respect your parents. While the way you walk around can unsettle your parents, the way you interact with them is a much more important factor. Respect for parents, your protectors and providers always gives you a little more leeway in terms of your appearance.
- Do not verbally deny your parents' religion, their dress and style, and any other important aspect of their identification.
- Avoid challenging your parents' point of view on things like the curfew.
- Do not curse or insult your parents.
- It's tempting to attack your parents' style when they attack yours, but it's counterproductive. It is better to defend your own style while accepting theirs.
Where do you agree, what's nonsense?
Naturally. It is a burden to grow up and to face the resistance of the parents with increasing self-discovery. And it is certainly a little exaggerated to ask a 14-year-old, for example, who does not yet know exactly where puberty will lead him, to draw up a monthly plan to gently prepare the parents for the arrival of a Goth child.
How was it with you and what would you definitely not do?
- How can creating lists benefit your business?
- Is there a drone for transporting people
- What is the promise day
- Have you seen ENPT
- Masturbating desensitizes you
- How can I edit previous emails?
- Why do people need two bathrooms
- How big is the Iliamna lake
- Is Naruto's chakra special like Kushina
- Who are some business owners who have Asperger's
- How can we optimize a website locally
- Why did the Soviet Union help Afghanistan
- How fever blisters spread
- How do I install NMAP on Linux
- Paint fumes can get through the walls of the apartment
- Which Midwestern states are worth visiting
- How do I photograph wildlife
- How are nail clippers sharpened
- What is a Challenge Coin
- What kind of theater play is that
- How can I learn algebra intuitively
- What are the limits of laser weapons
- What is my current location
- What kind of spider did Peter Parker bite