How popular is LSD at MIT
LSD acts on a part of the brain, the so-called limbic system, where emotionality and the motivation of certain behaviors are localized. This leads to depth psychological access to the subconscious. This has the consequence that the real perception is disturbed. Thinking and feeling are just as massively influenced as the feeling for space and time. The feeling for the limits of oneself is lost.
Hallucinations can be life-threatening under certain circumstances, because the consumption of LSD, for example, can lead to overestimating oneself, which gives one the feeling of being able to fly. Depending on the mood before consumption, thoughts of suicide can arise.
So-called horror trips or bad trips are also described in which consumers feel threatened or persecuted. Weeks after ingestion there may be so-called "flashbacks", which in turn can lead to a temporary loss of reality. LSD does not lead to physical dependence.
The effects of LSD occur about 30 minutes after ingestion and last about 6-12 hours. The intensity of the effect depends on the dose taken, the current mood and expectations (set) as well as the external environment (setting). The active ingredient content of the drug on the market fluctuates considerably, so that the effect for the consumer is unpredictable. Fatigue can occur after the intoxication.
Physical and psychological effects of the drug
- Balance disorders
- reduced responsiveness
- Change from
o body awareness
o Sense of space and time
- Leaps of thought
- Loss of reality with hallucinations (visual and acoustic hallucinations)
- Schizophrenia-like sensation
- Anxiety and panic, sometimes fear of death (horror trip)
- occasional desire for self-destruction with thoughts of suicide
Mixed consumption with other drugs can lead to a mutual reinforcement of the effects.
Effects of continued use
- psychological addiction
- Recurrence of the state of intoxication even without drug use = flashback even after weeks and months
- Psychoses with persistently distorted perception of "getting stuck"
LSD can still be detected in the blood 12 hours after ingestion, and in the urine for 1-2 days. In the hair, the detection is possible much longer.
Addresses & links
Federal Center for Health Education
Ostmerheimer Str. 220
Tel. 0221 / 8992-0
Advice line: 0221 / 8920-31
Fax 0221 / 8992-300
Email: [email protected]
Information page of the Federal Center for Health Education
German Central Office for Addiction Issues (DHS) e.V.
West Wall 4
Phone: +49 2381 9015-0
Fax: +49 2381 9015-30
Email: [email protected]
German headquarters for addiction issues: Basic information on synthetic drugs.
The drug commissioner of the federal government
in the Federal Ministry of Health
Email: [email protected].bund.de
- In which state is Clemson University located
- What is a pricing mechanism in business
- Contains genomic DNA, mitochondrial DNA
- Should I sell my share in Pfizer?
- How will i see the WhatsApp number
- What are field based operations
- What does real time mean
- How can I start learning the guitar?
- Is the ktm duke 200 a good motorcycle
- What is NEBOSH Level 6
- JQuery is still being maintained
- Is Paul Rodgers a good singer
- What is the name of Kulekhara in Telugu
- Has Elizabeth II ever visited Kampala Uganda
- Should prostitution be legal If so, why
- What is the Best FX Broker 1
- What are some good movie remakes
- Which is the largest plateau in India
- Mitt Romney is a Freemason
- Is Ritalin like methamphetamine
- Is RBW Entertainment good entertainment
- How do I make my hair fluffier
- What are the types of refractory fire bricks
- Is Arnab Goswami crazy?