How do I install the Hive software
Introduction to Hive installation
When installing Hive, there are a few prerequisites that should be met before installing.
Hadoop components like Hive, Hbase, Pig, etc. all support the Linux environment. For this reason, it is recommended that you install a Linux operating system on your device. If it doesn't and you want to practice with Hive while Windows is running on your system. You can install the CDH machine on your system and use it as a platform for exploring Hadoop. This requires at least 4GB of RAM on your system or you can have a CDH machine in your USB stick and use that.
In any case, you can always have a solution to your question, maybe sooner rather than later.
Requirements for installing Hive
There are a few prerequisites for installing Hive on any computer:
- Java installation
- Hadoop installation
- Make sure Java is installed.
- Open the terminal and enter the command.
- If Java is installed on the system you will get the version or an error. In my case Java is already installed and below is the output of the command.
- If Java is not installed on your system. You can visit the link below and download and install Java.
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads- 1880260.html.
- Extract the downloaded.
- Move it to "/ usr / local /".
- Set up the PATH and JAVA_HOME variables.
- Make sure Hadoop is installed.
- Open the terminal and enter the command.
- If Hadoop is already installed, this command will get the version or an error.
- In my case, Hadoop already has the following output installed.
- You can now see that I am working with a CDH5 machine.
- If Hadoop is not installed, download Hadoop from the Apache software foundation.
1. Set up Hadoop
2. Configure Hadoop
The following files must be edited to configure Hadoop:
3. Set up namenode with the following command:
4. Start dfs with the following command:
5. Start the thread with the command:
How do I install Hive?
Below the points, installing Hive helps:
- The first thing we need to do is download the version of Hive which can be run by clicking the link below: http://apachemirror.wuchna.com/hive/
- Above the link is the link from which to select "stable-2" which is highlighted in yellow below:
- After opening Stable-2, select the bin file (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot) and right-click and click "Copy link address".
Steps to install Hive
Below are the steps to install Hive:
Step 1: Download the tar file.
Step 2: Extract the file.
Step 3: Move Apache files to the / usr / local / hive directory.
Step 4: Set up the Hive environment by appending the following lines to the ~ / .bashrc file
Step 5: Run the bashrc file.
Step 6: Hive configuration - edit the hive-env.sh file to append:
Step 7: Edit with the following commands:
- Now use the hive-version command to check if the hive is installed or not.
- This is where the Hive version enters the Hive shell, which means the Hive is installed. In my case, however, it is the older version that is giving the warning.
Conclusion - Hive installation
Hive gives many people the opportunity to take advantage of big data because it is simple and SQL-like query languages and interfaces. Hive is based on the Hadoop core as it uses Mapreduce to run. Very easy to get the data and process big data.
This is a guide to installing the Hive. Here are some prerequisites for installing Hive on any computer and installing Hive step-by-step for a better understanding. You can also check out our other related articles to learn more.
- What is a beehive?
- Hive commands
- How to install Hive
- What is pig
- When was Farmville first started
- What is the NMR peak for methylphenol
- Was the Allied leadership effective in World War II
- What is the best stimulus
- Loves Taylor Swift, her fans
- What qualifications does a good receptionist need
- What's your favorite movie about courage
- What are clinical indications
- Which companies specialize in design for startups?
- Should I use PCA with categorical data
- How did Korean cuisine come about
- What is Antonio Brown's nickname
- If a lawn mower runs on diesel
- How many breeds of cows are there
- Which states allow B companies
- How many letters are in Arabic
- How was your first day at AFMC
- How do I get Airtel call details
- Is your happiness always dependent on something?
- What is the chemical formula of sand
- Where is Bulgaria
- Can Bill Gates still write software?
- Why does God allow abuse
- Which is better Chegg VS Course Hero
- How do I separate sugar from rice
- What's the worst about Thapar
- Are windmills connected to the power grid?
- How carbon fossils generate electrical energy
- Did you get thinner personally during puberty?
- What is the best book by Justice Scalia
- Is 5G really a weapon
- What does capsaicin do for the body
- What tastes better when it's homemade?
- How do bribes work