What can a bamboo board care for
How to oil a bamboo cutting board
Why you need to oil a bamboo cutting board
Bamboo is a wonderfully versatile building material and is valued above all for its very solid and therefore robust structure. Compared to hardwood, the material is surprisingly light. That is why bamboo is very suitable for all sorts of things in the kitchen.
However, the natural surface protective layer of the bamboo soon wears off due to constant contact with moisture, food and cleaning agents. Therefore it has to be re-oiled regularly. Otherwise the following damage can occur:
Oil regularly massaged into a bamboo cutting board prevents the material from drying out too much or staying too wet for a long time. If the board dries out, it can quickly become brittle and cracked, which in turn gives bacteria and germs a free path to penetrate. If the cutting board is constantly washed and hardly ever gets dry, the bamboo can swell and deform. The result is unsightly staining.
Manual cleaning and consistent oiling are therefore mandatory. The oiling also causes the bamboo own color pigments to develop more intensively and the natural grain of the board comes into its own.
The best way to go about oiling the cutting board
In order to achieve the desired effect when oiling your bamboo cutting board, it is best to heed the following rules:
- First wash the cutting board with hot water and let it dry
- Gently massage in a little oil with a cotton cloth
- Remove residues
- Use high-quality, cold-pressed cooking oil or special bamboo oil
Before you start oiling, it is advisable to wash the board with hot water. This will open the pores of the bamboo fibers. Then let the cutting board dry completely.
Then apply the oil sparingly to the surfaces and edges of the board with a soft cotton cloth. Remove any residues after a short exposure time.
It is best to use a high-quality cooking oil, for example virgin olive oil or a special bamboo oil. These oils are composed in such a way that they do not clog the capillaries of the bamboo and do not restrict its necessary breathing.
- What American traditions come from France
- What does it mean to cap
- Math What is the new Pythagorean theorem
- India is really developing faster than before
- Which sales communities do you know
- Can you decipher the word ETER?
- What should everyone strive for
- Shane Dawson is back on YouTube
- What is consumer behavior in retail
- How fast is the SR 71 Blackbird
- Which startups disturb the law the most?
- Is there an iPhone clone
- How many countries are democratic 1
- How cool is Portugal the country
- Will there still be races in the afterlife?
- How does a vending machine work
- How good are Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones
- Are metals acidic or basic
- Who created Quora Writing Sessions
- What are examples of outdated medical advice
- What is PPP in IT technology
- What is this RPG info in the comment
- What is Forex's Most Reputable Broker
- Which is better land or sea