What is environmental science
Damage limitation in nature
Wherever humans intervene strongly in nature and its cycles, environmental scientists research the exact causes and consequences of these changes. But protecting and preserving landscapes, bodies of water, animal and plant species and their habitats is not enough. Environmental scientists often have to find solutions to ecological problems, to eliminate or alleviate environmental damage that has already occurred.
What am I doing?
Of course, environmental scientists also go outside, but in rare cases this is unspoiled nature, but can be industrial sites, building sites, busy streets or disposal facilities. There they carry out measurements, for example take soil samples and then evaluate them in the laboratory. So you work a lot with technical equipment, but also at your desk and computer. Your results flow into development and traffic planning. They prepare expert reports, issue permits or advise companies and municipalities on infrastructure measures.
Environmental scientists are therefore often active in administration, but also in research, politics, public relations or consumer advice. In addition to the scientific facts, they must always take into account social, financial and cultural factors in their tasks and find compromises with experts from these areas.
Where do I work?
Offices, authorities and research institutions as well as companies involved in waste and wastewater disposal, water management, immission control, environmental and nature conservation organizations. Partly also the construction industry, engineering or architecture offices.
What requirements do I need?
Interest in processes in nature and the environment and in scientific work, in-depth knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and geography
How can I learn this profession?
Environmental sciences can be studied as a focus of the geography and agricultural sciences courses. There is also a three- to four-year bachelor's degree.
- Egg liqueur is really a holiday drink
- What celebrities live in Manhattan
- Might defeat Rey Darth Vader
- Is Quora the best knowledge sharing app
- Where can I learn Ethereum very quickly
- What is a bard in Dragon Age
- What were Abraham Lincoln's hobbies and interests
- Sanyo is a reliable TV brand
- Want to welcome Bengali Bengali immigrants
- Are bone spurs produced by repeated movement
- How can I learn drums quickly
- What does the medical abbreviation TOB mean
- Quora uses a front-end framework
- 80s films are overrated nostalgia
- Can television be seen as literature
- Is my life an illusion of others
- How do you affect your surroundings
- Which gas do doctors use as anesthesia
- What's the coolest use for LED lighting
- What are witch hunters
- How were the Fibonacci numbers created
- Why did Australia put the dollar into circulation
- What is the name of a group of Kaengurus
- What is the official religion of Bangladesh
- How did LP get its name
- What should all mechanical engineering students know
- What is the postal code of Ethiopia
- Who won the IIFA Awards
- The Bernoulli equation can be applied to air
- How can I consult a lawyer
- Vape shops sell CBD
- Which Midwestern states are worth visiting
- Is the microgramma font still popular?
- Is DMI's Master in Digital Marketing good