Is there a healthy nail polish?
13 nail polish brands that do without unhealthy chemicals
Even if you've probably never looked at the ingredients when buying a new nail polish (after all, it takes long enough to decide on a color and the writing is so tiny you can't read it without a magnifying glass anyway), you are maybe you have stumbled across an article that warns of dangerous toxins in the small, colorful glass vials.
But at the latest since New York Times In 2010 published a report that addressed the potential health risks from nail polishes, manufacturers began to tweak the formula. Most now do without the three potentially dangerous chemicals: formaldehyde, DBP (dibutyl phthalate) and toluene. These substances have long been contained in nail varnishes because they help the varnish to adhere better to the nail, but there are now studies that show their harmful (sometimes even carcinogenic) effects.
Nail polish without harmful substances, is it even possible?
Unfortunately, there are more than three unspeakable ingredients on most nail polish bottles, some of which are very questionable, but not officially prohibited. So if you want to be on the safe side, it is best to find out about the nail polish brand before buying so that you don't spend hours researching in front of the shelf in the drugstore.
In any case, the most important thing is that you choose a product that does without the three substances mentioned above. If you want to go a step further, you can also opt for a 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, 11- or 12-free nail polish. The number stands for the number of chemical substances that are deliberately not contained in nail polish because they are or could be harmful to health. Which paint you choose is of course up to you. And in the end you don't smear the paint directly on your skin, but on the slightly less sensitive nail. Nevertheless, it can't hurt to try one of the following nail polishes instead of blindly and uninformedly reaching for the potentially more toxic product.
Refinery29 aims to present you only the best selected products and articles in order to navigate the flood of consumer stimuli out there. Everything we recommend to you has been curated by the team. If you go to an online shop via Refinery29 and buy something, we can get part of the sales via the affiliate link.
- Did Dumbledore fix Hagrid's wand
- What are pillars of the Bible
- Are Russian missiles more advanced or American
- The Bernoulli equation can be applied to air
- What is consistent eschatology
- How can I monitor a shopping website
- I'm frustrated. Can someone help me
- Are capitalism and Christianity incompatible
- What are some new technologies in sustainability
- Pakistan will buy the Su 35
- International medical journals pay authors
- What is a sandstone made of
- What can replace urls
- Why don't more people buy Xm radio
- When is interest considered a financing activity?
- Private schools can receive federal funding
- Why are smartphones so hyped
- Who sang the song Slow Down in 1977
- How to do Pachmela Daal
- What screams I am not heard
- The net designs page is a scam
- How do you pull yourself out of the darkness
- What causes conflict in the DR Congo
- What are the examples of sound theory