How useful is the CAT examination pattern
What eye exams are there?
With an ophthalmoscope it is possible to look through the ocular fundus and examine the optic nerve, the blood vessels and the choroid. The examination is also called ophthalmoscopy or funduscopy (fundus, Latin for background). About 20 minutes before the ophthalmoscopy, the pupils are dilated with special eye drops.
With direct ophthalmoscopy, the doctor brings the device close to the eye, shines directly into it and sees a small section of the fundus of the eye magnified. This makes it particularly easy to assess the center of the fundus with the optic nerve, entry of the blood vessels and the yellow spot.
In the case of indirect reflection, a magnifying glass with a light source is used and examined from a distance of about 60 centimeters. The doctor sees a larger image of the fundus. This enables a better overview and also a three-dimensional view. The examination can also be combined with a slit lamp, then the retinal image is greatly enlarged and better illuminated.
The examination can be used to detect retinal detachment or damage to the optic nerve, for example. Mirroring the fundus of the eye can also be useful with diabetes or high blood pressure, as both diseases can damage the fine blood vessels of the eye.
The dilatation of the pupils leads to a strong sensitivity to light and also to blurred vision. Therefore, you should not drive or use machines again until the effects of the eye drops have wore off.
- How do I make a design concept
- What is Vidyamandir IIT Coaching
- What is a membrane microreactor
- Why should you support the hunt with lead?
- Hoverboards are safe now
- Was Hitler a conservative
- What are Arabic transliteration numbers
- What is the fortune of Technical Guruji
- Which is the first EDM track ever
- How do backlinks actually work?
- What are some mental techniques worth practicing?
- How does the recycle bin work in Windows
- What do you think of true friends
- Why do hedge funds have separate indices
- What are the famous tricks of LinkedIn
- What happened to Steven Tyler
- Is Cigna a private health insurance
- Who is the Maharashtra Chief Minister
- Why is Sundara Kanda called that
- What's the best of luck
- How do chimpanzees react to cannabis
- Generally considered stationery as an asset
- Braman is not Brahma
- How old is Wayne Rooney