Most fraudsters are fraudsters
Internet Fraud: Here's How You Can Try to Get Your Money Back
The online prepayment fraud
In 2018, more than 50 billion euros were traded online in Germany. Ascending trend. The good news: Most of the business that is done on the Internet is serious. At the same time, the internet is a playground for fraudsters.
Even with the greatest caution - it is easy to become a victim of criminal attacks on the Internet. The trick is actually always the same: Goods are offered at very affordable prices and you are asked to pay in advance. The goods themselves never arrive.
Dubious offers lurk not only in questionable online shops, but also on sales platforms such as eBay or Amazon Marketplace and on classifieds portals. Particularly very cheap offers and providers who require payments abroad, great caution is required.
Overall, the following applies: Especially with previously unknown online retailers, you should be suspicious if prepayment is to be made. You can check providers and their reliability by entering the company name on the Internet. Also make sure that you are on the real website of a provider or on a fake copy (keywords phishing and fake shops).
How do I get my money back?
If, despite all your caution, you should have fallen for fraudsters, you do not have to give up your money immediately. There are ways to get at least part of it back.
Transfer, direct debit, credit card, payment services or cash transfer service - the options for reclaiming your money with the help of your financial service provider differ in detail:
- A Transferthat you have made yourself cannot be reversed if your bank has already carried out the order. A quick phone call can help. Only a few banks offer a "stop function" - valid for a few minutes after sending - in online banking access.
- The easiest way is to get one Sepa direct debit to bring back. You can have an authorized or approved direct debit reversed within eight weeks from the time of the debit. In cases of fraud, this can even be done up to 13 months after the fact.
- Also Credit card payments can be reversed. Payments can be canceled using the so-called charge-back procedure. This usually costs a processing fee.
- It is different with payment via Cash transfer service like Western Union or Moneygram. With these services, the money can be called back until the recipient picks up the money in person at the branch. If you discover a criminal offense, you have to be very quick: call the provider's fraud hotline immediately!
- Where can I buy different currencies online
- Is quantum physics a theory or a reality
- How do you learn to divide better
- Which is the strongest trade qualification
- How many parents want to have twins
- Who is your favorite lawyer on TV
- What are some weaknesses in the Irish economy
- Why did the Olsen twins stop acting
- Is Christina Aguilera nice
- How can I create a unique flag
- Milk rises after heat
- What kind of data do hospitals collect
- Where is Paranthe Wali Gali
- Why is sexuality important for social development?
- Covers Rakuten's transportation costs
- What is the difference between octave C.
- Should a company name be short
- Is Seattle in America or Canada
- After the 12th I can join FTII
- Why do we believe in extraterrestrials
- What is a software analyst
- Has Elizabeth II ever visited Kampala Uganda
- What are the best cloud computing courses
- What is the atmosphere of Mars like
- What are the best warlock names
- What is the difference between hard and tough
- Is Christianity a religion with simple answers
- How can we reduce visual pollution
- Why is embedding PHP in HTML bad
- Are there Illuminati today
- How many Pulitzer Prize Books are there
- What are the functions of visa advice
- Video game characters are copyrighted
- Is it right to come up with your idea