What is S in permission
K + S Minerals and Agriculture, application for a permit under water law to discharge saline wastewater into the Werra for the period 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2027
General project description
K + S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH operates the Neuhof-Ellers plant (Hesse) and the Werra plant in Hesse and Thuringia, which is a composite mine with the potash factories in Hattorf (Hesse), Unterbreizbach (Thuringia) and Wintershall (Hesse). Crude potash salts are mined in the two plants and then processed for use as fertilizer and as intermediate products for a wide range of technical, industrial and pharmaceutical applications. This results in salty production water.
Solid residues arise during processing, which are piled up in accordance with approved or plan-approved operating plans under mining law. When dumping, salty wastewater is created due to precipitation. In addition, other saline wastewater flows, such as mine and drainage water, arise in the course of the mining operation. All water must be properly disposed of by K + S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH.
The saline water was disposed of until December 31, 2020 on the basis of two water law permits issued by the Kassel Regional Council from June 25, 2012, in the version dated November 30, 2015, for the Neuhof-Ellers plant and November 30, 2012, in the version dated November 30 .2015, for the Werra plant.
K + S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH has therefore submitted an application to the Kassel regional council for a permit under water law to continue the discharge of saline wastewater from the Werra and Neuhof-Ellers plants into the Werra in accordance with Sections 8 (1) and 9 (1) no 4 Water Resources Act (WHG) submitted for the period 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2027.
The saline waste water is to be discharged into the Werra via three discharge points, two of which are in Philippsthal and one in Heringen and which are already being used to discharge the applicant's saline waste water into the Werra.
The project is under § 11 WHG (Water Management Act) i. V. m. § 1 No. 3 UVP-V Mining (Ordinance on the Environmental Impact Assessment of Mining Projects). The regional council of Kassel has determined in accordance with § 5 UVPG that the project requires an environmental impact assessment.
Course of the procedure
02.12.2019 => K + S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH has received the application at the regional council
04/14/2020 - 07/20/2020 => hearing of the municipalities, authorities, associations as carriers of public concerns
04.06.2020 - 03.07.2020 => Presentation of the application documents for public inspection in the
affected municipalities (download possible on this page - see below)
07/20/2020 => End of the deadline for the statement of public affairs agencies
08/03/2020 => End of the objection period for the public
01.10.2020 - 15.10.2021 => Online consultation
23.12.2020 => permit under water law for the period 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021
You can also find details of the procedure on the Kassel Regional Council website at
- What are 4 problems with arctic tourism
- How cool is Portugal the country
- Which children's films are there now
- What is the roundest object in the world
- Why do guard dogs bark so much
- What if NSE BSE are bombed
- Do-it-yourselfers can paint over wallpaper
- What are the most surreal films
- How true is it when AMD files for bankruptcy
- How was Tollywood before NTR and ANR
- Have you ever wondered what's next?
- What is a uniform circular motion in physics
- What's wrong with Federer's backhand
- Can you jailbreak Apple CarPlay?
- Is China approaching ecological collapse?
- How high is the terrorist threat
- Should I buy Honor Android smartphones
- Is Belarus a developed country
- Are we ready for extraterrestrials
- Supports SmarterQueue Google My Business
- Will my daily writing make me a writer
- Why can't I propose her for marriage?
- Why does Quora not allow my questions
- How was the jet engine invented
- A tech recession is coming in 2019
- What do you understand when you are fashionable
- Can you learn Java in 2 summers
- Microsoft no longer produces Windows smartphones
- How is gumbo different from soup
- How does the magnetic field interferer work
- How is Lycos different from Google
- What would you change in WhatsApp
- What is energy system technology
- What is chemical displacement and double displacement