What are the best books about human reading
Nine books that you should definitely read when you are over 40
There are simply books that take you further in life. Because they have a very special message, because we can learn something from them or because they are really fun. We have selected seven very special and really good specimens that actually always work - but will mainly interest women around 40 or over.
1. "My gentle twin" by Nino Harativili. Why? Because it is incredibly well written and with the story of the siblings of Ivo and Stella you get three things delivered at once: a crime thriller, a thriller and a love story. Great drama and deep abysses, the extent of which you probably only understand from a certain age.
2. "Fuck Beauty" by Nunu Kaller. Why? Because it is a clever book that explains why we are just as beautiful as we are - and why we shouldn't let anything else convince us. Though that is always tried. 96 percent of all women worldwide have something to complain about, only four percent think they are really beautiful. Reading might help.
3. "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. Why? Because it's a classic that's worth it. Also, much easier to read than "War and Peace", for example. It still sounds smart if you know it and it's also a really, really gripping story.
4. "From the end of loneliness" from Benedict Wells. Why? Because it's infinitely sad, but so wonderful that you miss something if you haven't read it. The fact that the author was just 30 when this book was published is absolutely secondary, because the book contains so much wisdom that you can't really believe that the guy is even a day younger than us.
5. "Single Mom: What It Really Means to Be a Single Parent" by Caroline Rosales. Why? Because it is of course particularly interesting for single parents, but also for everyone who will or do not want to become one. And most of them split up between 30 and 40. It is also honest, entertaining and encourages at the same time.
6. "There Are No Grown-Ups. A Midlife of Coming-of-Age-Story" by Pamela Druckerman. Why?We have known that Pamela Druckerman is a bank when it comes to smart entertainment since "Why French Children Are Not Pervasive". Anyone who knows and liked this should definitely read Druckerman's new book. - but all the others too. It's very wise, funny and extremely sincere about life as "fortysomething". We even do that to ourselves in English, at least as long as the whole thing is not yet available in German.
7. "My ingenious girlfriend" by Elena Ferrante. Why?For everyone who has not yet started the quadrology about the two Italian friends: Now is exactly the right time. Best of all, there are three others that you can read right after.
8. "Down around free" from Margarete Stokowski. Why? Actually, you should read this book at 14 and not at 40. Unfortunately that didn't exist there yet. Spiegel online columnist Margarete Stokowski tells what it's like to grow up as a girl in Germany. A really provocative plea for change that we can then also give to our daughters.
9. "Mommy needs a drink. Diary of an exhausted mother" by Gill Sims. Why?The title alone is very inviting and understanding, doesn't it ?! Aren't we all a little exhausted? And don't we (almost) all need a drink? Well, then you know about it.
In Audible's trial month, you can listen to many of the audiobooks featured here and over 200,000 other audiobooks for one month for free. If you don't feel like it anymore, one click is enough to cancel. Do you want to test it? Check out Audible here.
Some of the links in this article are commercial Affiliate links. We mark them with a shopping cart symbol. Further information are available here.
- Is growth possible without learning
- How ESTPs flirt
- What power does a pentagram have
- What are the latest advances in cardiology
- Do downvoting questions affect your Quora digest?
- How do you update the CPU of a laptop
- What is the scope for QTP UFT
- What does an IQ test not measure
- How do I sell before the stock market
- Sadio Mane is world class
- How deep will DENT go
- How old is Wayne Rooney
- What causes ST elevation
- Meaning of _ _
- How was life in 1983
- Why did you come back
- How is the quantum world
- What is ORM in web development
- When is it tiresome to be a lawyer?
- Is raw goat milk drinkable
- Is the blockchain completely public
- What does my dream mean 10
- Does China Sourcing have any value
- Are tangerines tangerines acidic or alkaline
- How many milliliters in a liter
- Who is the current Airbnbs email service provider
- Can aluminum be welded
- What are some examples of migratory animals
- Who can break China's firewall
- As a Christian, Halloween is bad
- It's fourteen too late to learn physics
- Did Dumbledore fix Hagrid's wand
- What are some inventions of ancient Rome