How do I make a good portfolio
Five tips for a good portfolio
For designers, graphic artists and creatives of all colors and shapes, the portfolio is the most important figurehead, the proof of one's own ability, the prospect inspire should.
As for the external shape of the portfolio, you need to think about the effect make that you want to achieve. You can design a website, edit the portfolio as a PDF or create it on social channels. There are various design options for your imagination.
However, it is generally recommended not only to make it visible online, but also to make a very classic folder - a Offline portfolio - put together.
The latter is still very popular, especially in the printing sector. In addition, you should always show something haptic at job interviews that the other person can look at. You can find an easy way to put something together here.
But how do you make the content of your portfolio as appealing as possible, e.g. B. to convince an advertising agency of you? We will pursue this question below and concentrate the knowledge we have gathered into five tips that will help you to optimize your portfolio.
You should take great care in selecting the work for the portfolio. Quality matters more than quantity. An applicant does not have to present the largest possible number of works, but rather make and show an exclusive selection of the best works.
A rule of thumb: at least ten works, no more than twenty.
It can also attract a lot of attention to private projects that were not designed on behalf of clients, but which you still count among your best.
Small addition: Do not forget, every side to put your name on it.
Include a wide variety of styles and designs to give the customer the full range of your creative outputs to convey. However, it is important that you do not neglect the overall structure and clarity of the portfolio.
The different styles and directions should be grouped according to a fixed pattern, adapted to the needs of the customer. You can also show your creativity when it comes to structuring, for example by sorting works by color that you assign to a certain topic.
Describe your work in detail in the attached texts, according to aspects that you consider important in order to win the customer over to you. You can take the opportunity here to address questions such as:
- Why did you choose this design?
- What did you want to achieve with your choice of color / format / this special medium?
- If it was commissioned: what does the customer use it for?
In either case, you should try to anticipate the questions and needs of the person you are presenting your work to.
Pay attention to Topicality. Your work shouldn't be too old, but rather refer to current graphics trends. Thus, they testify that you are also using newer techniques.
The projects shown should therefore not be older than three years unless they are among your absolute classics and best works. At the same time, you prove that you are constantly looking for new tasks, concentrating on new projects and dealing with developments in the industry.
Ask happy customers for testimonials, testimonials, and positive reviews to add. If you have successfully completed larger or smaller projects in the past, describe their importance for you and the client and their success, measured against expectations.
The feedback that you receive and pass on in this way creates trust in your work and gives potential new customers security.
We, in turn, hope that with the help of this manageable list we were able to give you some suggestions to spice up your portfolio. If you're just taking a few hesitant steps to create one, ideally this is where you have the motivation to move on.
In any case:
I wish you success!
- You may hit the doorman
- Why does Zanzibar have its own president
- Microsoft no longer produces Windows smartphones
- Why can't humans inherit memories
- Has Y Combinator accepted edtech startups
- What are some things only Floridians do
- How did we fight to get freedom
- What is the Russian word for trend
- How do rationalists see science?
- What is the definition of political law
- Is there an ideal posture during sleep
- When were locks invented?
- A supersonic aircraft can have winglets
- What is the EDGE network
- Why do we celebrate World Photography Day
- Do cats and skunks get along
- What are some good motivational instrumental songs
- How do I sneak out of school
- How will I learn occult
- Can teenagers compose
- What is Oracle SQL Online Training
- How do the armpits of girls belong to sexuality?
- How do you recognize an INFJ man?
- What can resistance bands be used for?