Overheating leaves a phone hanging
iPhone hangs - here's how to fix it
Nothing happens if you tap on the display of your iPhone, apps cannot be closed or the device switches itself off and does not start again: even an iPhone can refuse to work. Fortunately, however, it is often only the minor causes of faults that you can easily rectify yourself. We'll give you a few of them and describe what you can do about them.
Here's what to do if the touchscreen isn't responding
Sometimes it happens that the touchscreen only accepts input slowly, only reacts after several attempts or nothing happens when you tap it. Then a restart often helps (Hard reset):
- To do this, press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time on an iPhone 6 and earlier models. For an iPhone 7, press the power button and volume down.
- Release the buttons when the screen turns black and the Apple logo appears.
If the problem persists, test the following possible sources of interference.
Moisture / dirt
Grease, oil, moisture or general dirt on the fingers or on the display interfere with the function of the touchscreen.
- Clean your hands and wipe the display. Use a soft, lint-free cloth that is slightly dampened.
- Then restart the iPhone and try with dry, clean fingers whether the tapping is now carried out correctly.
Damaged or incorrect (too thick) protective screen foils or armored glass reduce the sensitivity of the display or can falsify the control impulses when touched. If you use such a product, remove the screen protector and clean any adhesive residue from the display. Now test how it reacts.
Battery calibration for correct charge display
Sometimes an iPhone switches itself off even though the charge is actually still sufficient. You should carry out a battery calibration so that the display shows the correct charge status again:
- Start the mobile phone and leave it on until it switches itself off when the battery is empty.
- Then connect the device to the charger until it is fully charged (display 100 percent). As a precaution, leave it connected for another hour or so.
- Then carry out the entire process (discharging / charging) again.
3D touch misaligned
Newer iPhones are equipped with the pressure-sensitive 3D touch control. If this function does not react or does not react correctly, the setting is often to blame. Follow these steps to customize:
- Settings > General
- Select the section Accessibility and then 3D Touch.
- Increase the set sensitivity level and test whether 3D Touch now works.
If, despite these measures, the touchscreen still does not respond properly, the chances are more serious damage. Then contact Apple Support or a specialist dealer.
Correct the malfunction caused by the battery problem
No operation without power: If the iPhone suddenly switches off or cannot be switched on again, there may be a problem with the battery.
iPhone turned off
- The device just doesn't have enough power to operate. Hang it on the charger and charge the battery.
- A shutdown can also occur if the smartphone gets too warm. You can recognize this from a warning message on the display. Let the phone cool down and try a reboot.
Note: With the heat-related shutdown, the smartphone is protected against damage from overheating. Apple recommends use and storage up to a maximum temperature of 35 ° C - 45 ° C.
iPhone won't start
The most common cause of this problem is a deeply discharged battery. Connect the smartphone to the charger, the charging indicator should appear after a few minutes. Then fully charge the device.
If the iPhone can then be switched on, but hangs when starting, you should use it in Restart maintenance state and repair about it. Proceed like this:
- With the phone switched on, connect it to a computer with iTunes installed.
- Open iTunes and restart (press and hold the power / volume down button or power / home button at the same time). Press the buttons until the image for the maintenance status appears (iTunes symbol + plug symbol).
- Choose Update in iTunes on the computer and follow the instructions.
- Restart the iPhone.
Attention: Choose instead Update Restore only if all other relief efforts were unsuccessful. This command will reset the phone to factory settings, which will erase all data. If you have not previously made a backup of this, the data will be lost.
How to help yourself with a hanging app
If the disruption does not affect the entire iPhone and only one app is not responding, you can address the problem by forcing it to close. This works with the following steps:
- Press the home button twice to bring up the list of recently used apps.
- Scroll left / right through the list to select the app to close.
- Swipe up on the app's preview. This closes the program.
If that doesn't work, you can alternatively try, for example:
- Restart (see description above)
- Delete / reinstall app
- Update system
Simple tricks fix many sources of error
As you have read, many iPhone malfunctions have fairly simple causes. An unresponsive display is often just dirty or there are problems with settings or screen protectors. Here, for example, everything can be cleared up by cleaning. Starting problems or sudden shutdowns can be dealt with with a full battery. A restart often helps with a non-operable touchscreen or a hanging app.
- Which is the best preschool in Kazhakuttom
- Is there a telegram group
- Why is it necessary to be social
- How do I delete a PDF file
- What is the best car for Uganda
- Is math required for microbiology
- Why is the emergency room sometimes free
- How are your 3 favorite Naruto characters
- Requires the CPA work experience
- Anxiety can last a few seconds
- What does a bird in flight mean?
- Eternal youth can be harmful
- What are the essentials in gardening
- Have you ever visited the Niagara Falls?
- Where is the current Berlin
- What do all living things contain
- How does the GST lead to an increase in corruption
- How can I smile again to the fullest
- Have red raspberry seeds
- Fishermen sometimes hunt Canadian lynxes
- There is only one blockchain
- Could Congress fail the Supreme Court?
- How do I sew a button
- Global warming is becoming a new religion
- Is Tottenham Hotspur a good club
- What SpaceX has achieved lately
- Hiking boots can be removed
- Where is the current Berlin
- Investors can use FHA 203K
- Should feminists distance themselves from communism
- Why are eunuchs abandoned by their parents
- What was the Neanderthal culture
- Why did cave people bother?