What strange things your pets are doing
10 things every dog hates
Without intending to almost every day we do something that our dogs can't stand at all. They endure it silently and only show through their body language that they do not appreciate our behavior at all. But to make matters worse, we usually overlook their little signals of unwillingness.
We'd better refrain from doing these things for the sake of our dog:
1. Talk to the dog all the time
Do you also know the dog owners who talk to their dog without a period or comma? It becomes more and more difficult for the dog to filter out the commands that are important to him from all the talk. A dog understands a clear command combined with a clear body signal a lot better.
2. Put on funny costumes for the dog
Countless pictures of dogs in supposedly funny costumes are circulating on the Internet. They wear hats, pants, jackets, glasses. Many dogs let this "fun" go through them, but they certainly do not feel comfortable with it, because all these clothes and accessories restrict the dog in its natural movement. Clothes should only be put on a dog in exceptional situations - such as a well-fitting rain blanket for sensitive breeds.
3. Keep patting the dog's head
Watch your dog closely when you pat him on the head. Just like humans, they reflexively close their eyes to protect themselves. Nobody wants to be held in the face all the time - not even the dog. It is better to stroke the dog's back or flanks, this is much more comfortable for him.
4. Staring at the dog
Look into my eyes, Small! What is considered polite with humans is quite unpleasant from a dog's point of view. A stare into the eyes of the other person is a threatening gesture for the dog and is related to dominance and intimidation. So when you look at a dog, in the future it is better to look past him a little.
5. Create unclear relationships
The dog is a pack animal. As such, he values clear rules and does not understand exceptions. Normally he is never allowed to go on the sofa - already today, because his or her owner is sick. The next day he gets in trouble again when he tries to hop on the sofa. Such unclear circumstances confuse the dog unnecessarily. Better to stick to one line.
6. Hug the dog over and over again
We love our dog and of course we want to show him that. People hug to show their affection for the other. Studies have shown that while dogs tolerate hugs, their body language shows no sign of joy when they are hugged. When they hug, they feel restricted in their freedom of movement. They yawn, lick their lips, close their ears - all signs of stress.
7. Spread a bad mood
Dogs have fine antennae when it comes to the mood of their two-legged friend. Unfortunately, far too often it happens as a pet owner that we let out our own mood on the dog - usually completely unnoticed. For the sake of the animal, however, we should always try to curb our emotions, for example making a loud, angry phone call in another room.
8. Blow the dog's nose and ears
Human and animal fun differ widely in some points. Many dog owners find it totally funny to blow their dog in the face - it makes such a wonderfully goofy face. It's anything but funny for the dog. He feels uncomfortable, cannot do anything with this strange behavior and will eventually start to evade if the person gets too close to him.
9. The same lap every day
If you go for a walk with your dog, you are doing something good for the dog. Right! But for many dog owners, the walk looks the same day after day. For dogs this is pretty boring in the long run, especially if they are not allowed to stop to sniff around a little. Make the walk exciting for the dog. Explore new paths with him and incorporate small obedience or skill games into the walk. Your dog will love spending time outdoors even more.
10. Take it with you wherever you go
Of course we want to have our four-legged friend with us wherever we go. And yet we should reflect on whether the location is also suitable for the dog. A well-attended Christmas market, where the hot mulled wine is spilled and the dog gets on the paws in the crowd, is definitely not a pleasant place for the four-legged friend.
You might also be interested in:
- Who gives a bank guarantee
- The Cash App is available in Dubai
- Do you honestly believe in vampires?
- Why do entrepreneurs die young
- Can Minecraft be viewed as an eSport
- How do I structure my Go projects
- What do we know about Kepler 452b
- The Lenovo Ideapad 100 is worth it
- What are examples of hypothetical imperatives
- Who is involved in cricket betting here
- What are some possible quantum computer architectures
- How is the plural formed in Malay
- Credit cards have a CVV number
- What is the Windows Core Operating System
- Which is bigger between 2i and 3i
- Have you met Drake before?
- Who said Matha Pitha Guru Deyvam
- How young can children start singing lessons
- The earth is a natural greenhouse Why
- Health insurance usually covers glasses
- What is the salary for biotech
- IT graduates can apply for government jobs
- What should you do when you are speechless
- In which country is Norway located
- Humpback whales travel in pairs
- The founders of Google are rich
- How can I increase my website profitability
- How strong is War Arc Kakashi
- Is it politically responsible to visit Cuba
- What is faithful reinforcement
- How are the hostels in YOU
- Was Palpatine an effective ruler
- What if Ahsoka meets Luke Skywalker