Animals: why flamingos dance
Showtime at the Flamingo Ballet
Endlessly long legs, a pink plumage, what is probably the most beautiful neck in the bird world ... Flamingos don't care about any of this. One looks like the other anyway. What counts with flamingos is the talent to dance! Researchers have found that those birds are particularly successful at courtship when they display a particularly large number of different positions.
And because flamingos look for a new partner every year, especially during the courtship season: Showtime! Then all animals do their best, from the Lesser Flamingo in Africa to the Cuban Flamingo in the salt lakes and lagoons of Central and South America. The birds perform their "flamingo ballet" in large groups and show everything they can.
Every step, every position is right. Synchronously, the flamingos stretch their necks in the air, march through the water, turning their heads jaggedly back and forth, just as if someone was tapping the beat in the background. One and two and three! One and two and three!
As if on a command, everyone suddenly spreads their wings at the same time and presents their magnificent color for a few seconds: a pure "Wing Salute", translated as a wing salute.
Scientists have come up with names for many of the "dance steps". We introduce you to four dance steps of the flamingos.
Translated, the name of this figure means something like Wing salute. The flamingos spread their wings, stretch them back a little and hold them for one to two seconds.
At this dance step, roughly translated Head flutter, several flamingos run side by side with their necks outstretched and turn their heads from right to left.
Hundreds of flamingos sometimes strut at the "Marching" (translated March) around - with stretched chest and straight neck. Again and again they change direction abruptly.
Inverted Wing Salute
At the inverted wing salute the birds stretch their necks horizontally forward, spread their wings slightly and set up their tail feathers.#Subjects
- Google could download the entire internet
- Where can I find good structured fabrics
- Why should a dialysis patient drink Lassi
- On which street was Franz Ferdinand killed?
- How do psychopaths behave in their family
- What do you think of simulation theory
- Gives more cylinders less gas
- How do I download the App Store
- Is investing in cryptocurrency really beneficial?
- How did silent puppies get this name?
- Who has more options DoorDash or GrubHub
- What is a social pilot
- Are any animals today related to sauropods?
- What is atavism
- How many Hindus have read the Bible
- What are some unconventional uses of blockchains
- Why do I long for human blood
- What is VNF in virtualization
- What is the scope of PhotoEditing
- What was Hermione's best subject at Hogwarts
- Does your body slow down at 30
- Why is Ambati Rayudu tweeting against BCCI
- Is sugar solution physically or chemically combined
- How to disguise an emergency call