Are neutron stars considered to be exotic matter
The crowd gives it away
The object now analyzed is a binary star system consisting of a white dwarf star and a millisecond pulsar. It is a neutron star that rotates around its own axis at more than 300 revolutions per second and - viewed from Earth - emits light pulses in the radio wavelength range at extremely regular intervals. In the system itself, the two partners circle each other within about nine days. The special constellation of the orbit of the pulsar and the white dwarf allowed the researchers to determine the mass of the neutron star and its companion so precisely. To do this, they used the so-called Shapiro delay, a consequence of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity, which is much more pronounced under these conditions than in other systems. The principle: The radio waves emitted by the pulsar are influenced by the gravity of the white dwarf on their way to Earth, so that they arrive late. This delay makes it possible to determine the mass of the white dwarf relatively precisely - and from this, with the help of the known data on the orbital behavior of the system, the mass of the neutron star can be inferred fairly precisely.
The unexpectedly large mass of the pulsar is now helping the researchers led by Paul Demorest from the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Charlottesville to put the existing theories on the structure of neutron stars to the test - especially since some of them differ in terms of their theoretically possible maximum mass. According to the researchers, it is very unlikely that neutron stars are composed of very exotic particles. Such models could therefore be discarded.
Scott Ransom, one of the co-authors, raves about the discovery,? It's incredible that a single number? the mass of this neutron star? can tell us so much about so many different aspects of physics and astrophysics.
- It is important to have strong hand pressure these days
- Are there grants for single mothers
- Did George Gershwin smoke weed
- Will announce Sony PS5 in 2018
- Which states are comorbid with diabetes
- Which app is better Fisdom or WealthTrust
- Always do top drum techniques
- Are vegetables poisonous
- How much evolution have you witnessed?
- What is an X7 1
- How can I earn luxury
- How does doodling affect concentration?
- Why should I hire an engineer
- What are secondary effects in the economy
- What is CPD in Chemistry
- How does lithium affect Add or Adhd
- What is noting and drawing
- Works a free conference call internationally
- How can one become SDET in Microsoft
- 1080p is better than 4k
- Is Quora more winged to the right or left
- Skin care products may expire
- What is the opposite of purple
- How would you describe Sachin Tendulkar