Hate softball players hardball players
The Pharaohs celebrate: Entry into the quarter-finals of the World Cup under the pyramids, while a former champion like Germany books the return flight tickets; a duel at eye level (25:25) against Slovenia; in addition, the uplifting feeling of the Portuguese national coach Roberto Parrondo that Egypt was once again "among the best eight handball teams in the world". So it was a coincidence that on that day too Al Jazeera Egypt Under the heading "Absolutely deplorable" you can read an Amnesty International documentary about the torture and inhumane conditions of political prisoners in Egypt?
The question of what one has to do with the other, handball statistics with liability reports, does not arise. Sport never takes place without social ties: it is always the appendix of a country's economic or political interests. This of course also applies to the championship in the densely populated state of the Arab world, in which handball is a traditional sport and in which the head of the World Handball Federation, Hassan Moustafa, has resided for twenty years. Thirty-two teams were invited, more than ever before, and the country alone had three magnificent new halls built for its record tournament, which are apparently furnished with more love than the state prisons.
The cycling association awards a championship to Turkmenistan - and overlooks a lot
The Amnesty report, which has just been released on the anniversary of the demonstrations in Tahrir Square on January 25, 2011, speaks of "ill-treatment and targeted undersupply". Human Rights Watch estimates that around 60,000 people have been behind bars since then had to; The Foreign Office also points to the military's increasing control over civil life and classifies the human rights situation as "worrying".
Large international competitions imperatively require that the view is directed to the context in which these events stand. Because their desired side effect can sometimes be economic, for example to promote national tourism, and sometimes political, for example by stabilizing autocratic systems.
The latter was the raison d'être in Belarus, where the dictator Alexander Lukashenko had the people bludgeoned and arrested after manipulated presidential elections and relied on whitewashing their image through an ice hockey World Cup. Only after worldwide pressure from athletes and sponsors did the world association snatch the self-expression show from the ruler a week ago. In the coming year, China (Olympic Winter Games) and Qatar (Soccer World Cup) can stage themselves as hosts: The world's largest sporting events were awarded to regimes whose handling of human rights is problematic.
Incidentally, Turkmenistan can already welcome track cyclists to the championship in 2021. The UCI and its President David Lappartient were not interested in the political framework. "Sport is sport," he said, referring to a "beautiful velodrome, one of the most beautiful in the world". He deliberately overlooked the fact that Turkmenistan ranks 180th and last on the index of press freedom, even behind North Korea. Cyclists can also be expected to know who they are supporting.
- Which film has the craziest ending?
- How do I find the right skin care product
- Is CBD completely not psychoactive
- Is 100 gasoline better for your car
- What is Freud's iceberg theory
- Is M Sc engineering equivalent to B Tech
- How can 3D printing fit into dentistry
- Influence the lives of others
- What are the benefits of boredom
- What is the Praltrix male sex enhancement pill
- What nickname can I give my girlfriend
- Are millennials post-consumer or just poor
- What is the Best Physiology Video Lecture
- How many pages does your employee handbook contain
- What kind of damage can hornets do?
- Which paint brand dealer offers maximum margin
- Dutch children are happier than American children
- What are some felting needle replacements
- Can permanently cure homeopathy seizures
- Why did you get out of Stanford?
- What foods improve a weed high
- What is the personality test
- Why does Google make Chromium
- What are people doing with Snapchat
- How do we clear the Akamai interview
- Who should Project Runway win
- CHOOSE the best online inventory guide
- Is there a scientific method
- Which children's books does your toddler like
- What are the ideal parents
- How's the nightlife in Monroe LA
- What are the different types of austerity measures
- What does pizza mean in Italian
- What are active volcanoes