Has anyone ever killed themselves for you
After the suicide attempt: 15 survivors tell their stories
September 10th is International Suicide Prevention Day.
If you are thinking about suicide or if you know someone who does it, you can contact the expert helpers of the telephone counseling service free of charge and 24 hours a day by telephone on 0800 - 111 0 111 or 0800 - 111 0 222. Your call remains anonymous and unrecognized, your number will not be shown to the telephone counseling service, nor will it appear on your telephone bill.
Years after her suicide attempt, Dese'Rae L. Stage googled "suicide survivors". “What I found,” she says on her website, “was people who had lost someone they loved, but not people like me who had tried to die and lived instead - people who were confused about what next happened, who felt so shame they couldn't talk about what had happened to them, people who felt misunderstood and alone. "
Stage knew firsthand that isolation can be fatal. “I was diagnosed with type II bipolar disorder in 2004,” she writes. "I've also had nine years of self-harm and suicide attempt catalyzed by an emotionally and physically abusive relationship." Stage was forced to act not only from her own struggle with mental illness and self-harm, she says, but also from loss of friends of suicide and the dire lack of resources available to suicide survivors in the United States. Therefore, as a self-taught photographer, she created the multimedia storytelling project Live Through This, which brings suicide attempt survivors out from under the veil of the anonymity of our culture and encourages them to share their experiences - with faces and names. The project also aims to raise awareness of the "fundamental principle of suicide prevention" which is "If you fear a loved one may be suicidal, QUESTION."
Stage points out that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States. What's more, it's the only one of the top ten causes of death that increased from 2011 to 2012. Life expectancy is higher today than ever before, but the suicide rate is rising - perhaps an indicator that mental health management is lagging behind the rest of medicine. Removing the stigma of suicide is a true matter of life and death for thousands of people: more than 40,000 Americans die of suicide each year. With Live Through This, Stage provides a platform for the people behind these numbers and delves into the stories - the destructive, diverse, edifying, uncertain, hopeful, desperate, healing stories - of those who survived a suicide attempt. Click your way to meet 15 of these people.
- What's wrong with Starbucks brewed coffee
- How long does the fat transplant take
- Who flies PM Modis planes
- What is rheumatic disease
- How cynical was George Carlin behind the stage
- Why did we not allow total freedom
- What is the weakness of the sea serpent
- Which is better CA or CS 1
- How is the ranking of the IIITs
- What is your favorite anime world
- What are the two energies of matter
- What's the best book for AngularJS
- What does Saturn square ascendant mean?
- Why is fentanyl in methamphetamines
- Is Python AI different from Python
- What is a signal transformer used for?
- A Mortgage Email List Can Be Effective
- What are regular expressions in Java
- Has anyone questioned the 2018 JEE response key?
- How do you plan a successful retreat
- How to do Pachmela Daal
- What is an operator in Tableau
- Explain the concept of cognitive development
- What is the strategy for the PSIR optional