Beginners yoga is difficult
Yoga exercises for beginners: which exercises are suitable for beginners?
Everyone knows the pictures in which yogis knot their arms and legs in the most impossible positions. This can be quite daunting for beginners, because who is naturally so agile? But there are also many simple yoga exercises that really anyone can do.
You can find more health topics here
What is yoga and who can do yoga?
Yoga is no longer a chilling word that makes everyone think of spiritual rites and strange contortions. In the meantime, numerous styles have developed from traditional Indian yoga teaching that also appeal to people in the western world. Yoga studios are springing up in the cities and the relaxation technique is even offered in fitness studios.
Originally the asanas, as the physical exercises in yoga are called, were part of an over 2000 year old Indian meditation technique that should bring body and mind into balance. Translated, yoga means "connection", that is Connection of body, mind and soul. In addition to breathing techniques, meditation techniques and other guidelines, it is above all the physical exercises of Hatha Yoga that we understand by yoga today. Meanwhile have countless calm and dynamic yoga styles developed from this, in which the spiritual aspect of increasing physical fitness had to give way. However, that has remained Alternation between tension and relaxation. Some styles focus more on the physical tension of the muscles, others specifically promote relaxation and stress relief.
The good: Really everyone can benefit from the positive effects of yoga practice benefit! Because even for beginners there are exercises from Hatha Yoga that introduce you to the more demanding positions step by step. In fact, many asanas such as cat, cow, shoulder bridge or dog are many already known from physical education. So there is no reason for beginners not to dare to practice yoga. For pregnant women, yoga practice can even be an ideal preparation for childbirth. For this purpose, special courses are offered in many studios.
What accessories do you need for the yoga class: a mat, comfortable clothing and maybe a towel. Because with some exercises the sweat can flow quite nicely. For some styles, a yoga pillow is beneficial, as are yoga blocks or a yoga strap. Especially beginners can do many asanas more easily with the aids.
General tips for yoga beginners
If you want to start with yoga, you should prepare for the practice. Because the unbelievably diverse range of yoga styles can easily overwhelm beginners. Here are the answers to a few important questions:
Which yoga is suitable for beginners?
Yoga styles that are well suited for beginners include hatha yoga and yin yoga. Here the exercises are explained slowly so that beginners can gain their first experience with yoga and meditation. Most yoga studios will be extra Courses for beginners offered.
What do I need for a yoga class?
Part of the basic equipment comfortable clothingthat is stretchy enough and does not restrict. A Yoga mat is also an advantage, but is made available for beginners in many studios. Since some asanas are difficult to perform for beginners, aids such as yoga blocks and a yoga belt are suitable.
Can I do yoga at home too?
Beginners may not dare to take a yoga class because they fear that they will not be able to keep up with the others. Of course, you can also do yoga at home and slowly approach the exercises. There is a wide range of videos and instructions on the Internet. However, without a teacher there is no precise explanation of the asanas and the Correction of bad posturepreventing injuries.
How Often Should I Practice Yoga?
For beginners, once a week is enough to get started. Many yogis later switch to a daily yoga practice - it doesn't always have to be a full hour. 20 minutes are enough. A good daily yoga exercise is, for example, the sun salutation, which beginners can perform in a simple variant. The flow awakens the energy in the body and is a good start to the day.
Basic Yoga Exercises: Easy yoga exercises for beginners
There is a whole range of simple yoga basic exercisesthat even awkward beginners can easily do:
The tree is one of the classic positions that everyone knows - even as a beginner. Here you stand on one leg and place the other foot on the inside of the thigh. If you are wobbly on your feet, you can also place your foot at ankle height to start with, until your balance has improved. If you can, bring your arms together high above your head.
The fluid change between cat and cow is a simple flow, also called vinyasa. While standing on four feet, look up while inhaling, while exhaling, the pelvis moves forward, the back becomes rounded and the chin sinks to the chest. This little flow mobilizes and strengthens the lower back, strengthens the pelvic floor and relaxes the shoulders and neck.
Everyone has probably done this exercise before: the feet are upright, the arms are parallel to the body on the floor. With the inhalation the pelvis is pushed upwards, with the exhalation it is lowered again. The exercise promotes muscle building in the legs, buttocks and back and, with regular practice, can prevent back pain.
A pleasant stretch that is good for everyone is created in the crocodile. Lying on your back, bend your right knee and lower it to the left towards the floor. The arms are spread out on the floor, the head is facing the right hand. Repeat on the other side. You don't have to be agile for this relaxing twisting motion.
The position in the dead is one of the most important exercises in yoga. Because regeneration and detoxification are only stimulated in the final relaxation. The instructions are very simple: lie on your back, feet hip-width apart, arms at a 45-degree angle next to your body, palms facing up. And then close your eyes and relax.
Yoga instructions for the sun salutation
One of the classic exercise sequences in yoga is the sun salutation. It is practiced in many styles of yoga and is a good exercise for warming up before yoga practice and for waking up in the morning. The flow of 12 asanas provides energy and strengthens the muscles at the same time. That's how it works:
- Stand up straight and fold your hands in front of your chest. This position is called the mountain posture (Tadasana) and is both the beginning and the end position of the sun salutation.
- Bring your hands up over your head as you inhale.
- As you exhale, bend your upper body forward into the bend with your back straight and place your hands on the floor next to your feet.
- As you inhale, half-bend on your fingertips with your back straight.
- On the exhale, step into the downward facing dog. Put both feet back and slide your pelvis up.
- As you inhale, lower your pelvis and get into the plank position, also known as a plank or push-up position.
- As you exhale, lay your body on the floor.
- As you inhale, place your hands on the floor under your shoulders and lift your torso up into the cobra.
- As you exhale, come back into the looking down dog, push the pelvis up.
- As you inhale, come back to half-forward.
- Exhale in the forward bend, lowering your upper body.
- As you inhale, straighten up, stretch your arms high above your head.
- As you exhale, push your hands back in front of your rib cage in Namasté.
The sun salutation can be repeated several times at will and power, either in the flow or in the individual positions, each of which is held for several breaths. (ch)
- Yogabasics: "Yoga Sun Salutation - Instructions for Yoga Beginners"
- Gesundheit.de: "Tree"
- Women's Health: "5th shoulder bridge"
- Yoga Easy: "7 simple yoga exercises that are always good for everyone"
- Why do Duracell batteries explode
- Is the mainframe technology in IBM declining
- If 0 3 is a positive rational number
- How do you deal with false allegations
- Who are the best mutual fund advisors
- How do Palestinians deal with tear gas
- Would you say the results are amazing
- Which leads to loneliness becoming detrimental
- Why can't birds except hummingbirds fly backwards?
- What if Cthulhu were real
- Where can I get crystal meth
- How is Saraswati worshiped?
- Will there be a Boeing 777 10X?
- Which comics are the most realistic
- What are the most common European cars
- Which is the most famous website
- How can I treat bursitis
- Criticism is bad for your health
- When did the Age of Discovery come?
- How to decorate lehenga
- How to fix a pellet stove
- What is the scope of BA English
- Is Marvel's new restart still Earth 616
- Why is my stomach never flat