If plants can ingest asbestos, they will eat asbestos
Asbestos: dangerous and still relevant
The guideline for asbestos exploration is also expressly aimed at tenants. Anyone who, as a tenant, is planning to carry out or commission work in an older building should coordinate this with the landlord as well as any necessary asbestos exploration. It can make sense to have the landlord confirm in writing that the materials in question are asbestos-free.
What do you have to pay attention to when renovating or refurbishing?
If you plan to work on older buildings, you should first try to find out when the materials to be worked on or removed were installed. If this was the case after October 31, 1993, no tests for asbestos are required according to the new "Guideline for asbestos exploration for the preparation of work in and on older buildings". Occasionally, for example, materials containing asbestos were still used from residual stocks until around 1995.
The guideline was created by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) together with the Federal Institute for Building, Urban and Spatial Research (BBSR) and the Federal Environment Agency (UBA) and can be downloaded here: www.baua.de/dok/8836860 .
According to the new guideline, components that were installed before October 31, 1993 are considered to contain asbestos until the opposite has been proven ("reversal of the burden of proof").
In this case, you as a private person have two options:
1. You do not have an asbestos test carried out. You can do without this as a private person,
- if a low-emission method according to TRGS 519 / DGUV 201-012 is used for the renovation or refurbishment work, for example BT 30 "Drilling holes in walls and ceilings with asbestos-containing cladding ('drilling method with direct suction')". According to the guideline, low-emission processes can also be carried out by private individuals. You can find these procedures on the website of the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance.
- if all activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements of TRGS 519, assuming asbestos. These activities should be carried out by a qualified specialist company.
Danger: According to the guideline, the building rubble must be disposed of as waste containing asbestos in both cases!
2. You have the materials affected by the work checked for asbestos fibers beforehand.
- If the result is negative, i.e. no fibers were detected, the work can be carried out in compliance with general occupational safety, in particular dust protection. According to the guideline, the waste does not contain asbestos.
- If the result is positive, i.e. the material contains asbestos, then you should commission a qualified specialist company that is approved for asbestos removal according to TRGS 519. Alternatively, certain work can also be carried out in compliance with TRGS 519 and the use of low-emission processes. The waste must be disposed of as waste containing asbestos in accordance with the guideline.
The following labeling can make an examination for asbestos superfluous: Some construction products such as pipes and panels made of fiber cement have stamps that help you to identify whether the product contains asbestos: those labeled with NT (new technology), AF (asbestos-free) or DIN EN 588 Products do not contain asbestos.
If a building authority approval number or a production date is embossed, it can be researched whether the construction product is asbestos-free. You can find the corresponding approval and permit registers (from 1968) on the website of the Fraunhofer Information Center for Space and Construction.
- What creatures live on the sea floor
- What makes steel so strong
- How to Buy Chrome Extension Downloads
- You can use PayPal without an account
- Your parents were cruel
- How can one become SDET in Microsoft
- What is the Giant Doubleverify Com Virus
- How do narcissists react to being ignored?
- Can energy drinks kill you
- What are the courses in architecture
- How can I make money with calligraphy
- What do you think of Kamala Harris
- Is the Royal College of Music good
- What's your rating of Homeloans Ltd.
- 9 11 was an accident
- What is the fastest website builder
- What is the Amigo Academy
- What is the main airport in Honolulu
- Electromagnetic energy is negative energy like gravity
- Are instant soups healthy
- What is ENTP
- Is conformity genetic
- When was the police established?
- How to Open a Medical Store in Kolkata
- How is a cell created
- Would you go to Donald Trump's funeral
- How to develop grit
- How can the savings book be improved?
- Which is the best photo editing software
- What's your old favorite saying
- How to clean a stab wound
- How does a Buddhist deal with everyday stress
- Who popularized astrology in the United States?