How does mercury get into fish
Climate change doesn't just change the weather!
"So climate change doesn't just mean that the weather changes," says study director and Harvard scientist Amina Schartup in an article dated August 7, 2019, published in The Atlantic appeared (2). “Climate change also means that what ends up on our plates will change.” In the case of fish, it means: more mercury, more poison, more disease.
And if you think you are on the safe side with fish from aquaculture, you will actually receive fish that is most likely less contaminated with mercury, but has plenty of antibiotic residues. Because when animals that would normally live in the vastness of the ocean are now crammed together in a very small space, diseases and thus antibiotics are the order of the day.
Fish is not necessary for human nutrition. The nutrient and vital substance requirements can also be fully covered with a plant-based diet. You don't even need fish to meet your omega-3 needs, as you can read here: Cover your omega-3 needs without fish
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Schartup AT et al., Climate change and overfishing increase neurotoxicant in marine predators, August 2019, Nature
- (2) Yong E, Some Fish Are Still Full of Mercury, for a Worrying Reason, Aug 7, 2019, The Atlantic
- (3) Health Effects of Exposures to Mercury, EPA Environmental Protection Agency, accessed August 24, 2019
- (4) Bednarz C, For Earth Overshoot Day: Giving the earth instead of taking from it, THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, 07/29/2019
- (5) Caught, hung - bycatch and discard in the fishery, Reset - Digital For Good, accessed on August 24, 2019
- (6) Overfishing - A Fact in Numbers, WWF, accessed on August 24, 2019
- (7) Massmann N, What really happens to the bycatch? Cleanenergyproject for a better society, May 2017
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Does Royal Enfield offer best bike
- What is the AOP terminology
- What Hollywood celebrity looks like an Indian
- Why has China banned cryptocurrencies?
- Is it legal to download from ThePirateBay
- Is my model too much overfitted?
- Are psychiatrists ever afraid of their patients?
- Why are chatbots so important for startups
- How safe is Lavabit
- Betrayed Ngo Dinh Diem Bao Dai
- Will Maruti stop the Ignis
- What is the use of keywords
- What are the names of the individual satellites
- People go to night clubs alone
- How did bureaucratic capitalism come about?
- What are the causes of transmission problems
- Can a mechanic get a girlfriend
- What is it about Morphogenesis Architecture that attracts you?
- Why does Fox News hate Muslim people
- What is pea soup
- Is grammatically correct forever
- Who needs a trainer 1
- Why do empaths love so hard
- Should an alcoholic work in a bar