Essay writing is important to business
Writing an essay: structure and tips
This article will teach you how to write a good essay. We will describe the correct structure for you and give you tips so that the writing goes well.
Good and detailed preparation makes the subsequent writing of an essay much easier. First you should read through the assignment and find out what kind of essay it is (characterization, table of contents, interpretation ...).
Then you should think about what information you need and read the given text thoroughly several times. Pay attention to linguistic and stylistic means. Sometimes it also helps to mark the important points with a highlighter or to write briefly in note form.
The structure of an essay
After you have got an overview, you should think about which information belongs to which part. Each essay consists of an introduction, a main part and a final part.
In the introduction, the type of article and important dates (author, year of publication) are mentioned and a short summary of the main text is written. This should not be too long, as the introduction only serves to arouse the reader's interest and motivate them to continue reading.
In the main part everything is included that appears to be important in terms of content for the respective type of essay. This can be, for example, characterizations of actors / figures, content-related interpretations or interpretations of important text passages. In addition, stylistic means should be listed and already analyzed.
In the final part, what you have worked out in the main part is briefly summarized again. There is also enough space here for your own opinion. Nevertheless, the final part should not be too extensive either.
After creating your essay, you should read it several times, focusing on different features, and thus correct spelling errors, incorrect formulations and errors in content. In addition, you should pay attention to a varied language and avoid redundancies. The beginning of sentences should not all be the same and the sentences should be kept relatively short.
Different types of attachments
Contents summarize the most important features of a text. You can orientate yourself on W-questions:
- What are the main features of the text?
- who is mentioned?
- Where does the action take place?
- When does she play?
- How do the individual protagonists behave?
- Which Events are related?
With interpretations one tries to find out the meaning and meaning of a text. So not only is the text examined, but the rhetorical means are also highlighted and interpreted. You should always take into account the year of publication of the text and the historical and political background of the author.
- From what perspective is the text told?
- In what period of time did the author live; what has to be considered?
- What stylistic devices did the author use and what did he want to achieve with them?
A characterization describes a person in a text and addresses both their appearance and their characteristics and their influence on the action.
- What information is there about the appearance?
- What previous history can be seen and what situation is the person in now?
- How does the person feel about other people and how is they perceived by other people?
- What information is there on behavior? Particularities?
- What information is there about the person's thoughts and feelings?
- What influence does the temporal and political framework in which the person participates on them?
- Why should I hire an engineer
- Can soy milk grow your breasts
- How to use Metasploit Kali Linux
- How many technical entrance exams are there
- Are we really alive and conscious
- Can you live with uncertainty
- Which music videos did MTV show first?
- What is the best Niagara Falls tour
- What are your tips for playing Xayah
- What can I do with a CMS
- Genetic depression treatment is possible
- Why do wolfhounds kill their owners
- Credit cards have a CVV number
- How do novels portray unsympathetic characters
- Where does Confit De Canard come from
- ATMs have cameras installed
- Why do computers slow down
- What is legal presence
- Will the UK thrive outside the EU?
- Why is Urdu such a poetic language
- Why can't I propose her for marriage?
- Uses bulk SMS institutions
- Who offers home beauty services in Nagpur
- What is a champagne split