What's new in Prestashop 1 7
Category: PrestaShop 1.7.x
People or companies who work with PrestaShop in Germany must adjust the VAT from 01.07.2020.
Now you have to work with 16% instead of 19%.
And if used, the 7% must also be converted to 5% VAT.
How do I change the VAT in the PrestaShop correctly?
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply change the VAT rate from 19% to 16% in the admin panel.
The reason for this is that PrestaShop stores the net prices and not the gross prices in the database.
Therefore an adjustment in the database is necessary - however this adjustment is also possible for people with little MySQL knowledge.
First of all, a backup must be created; this is done with just a few clicks.
- Log in to phpmyadmin, usually accessible via the control panel of your hosting provider
- First click on "Export" in the navigation and select "Customized".
Then mark the following 4 tables in the list:
(You can also download them individually)
- Click on "OK" to start downloading the tables and save these files in a folder on your computer.
Change VAT from 19% to 16%:
- First open your PrestaShop admin panel in a new window (you will need phpmyadmin again in a moment).
Click on Localization> Tax Rates and change the tax rate from 19% to 16%.
- In the overview for the tax rate, in which 19% is now entered, you will see an "ID" - make a note of this.
- Then go back to phpmyadmin and click on "SQL" in the navigation - an input window now opens.
- Simply copy and paste the following code into this input window:
update `ps_product` set price = (((price * 1.19) * 100) / 116.0) where id_tax_rules_group = X;
update `ps_product_shop` set price = (((price * 1.19) * 100) / 116.0) where id_tax_rules_group = X;
update `ps_product_attribute` set price = (((price * 1.19) * 100) / 116.0) where price <> 0 and id_product in (select id_product from ps_product where id_tax_rules_group = X);
update `ps_product_attribute_shop` set price = (((price * 1.19) * 100) / 116.0) where price <> 0 and id_product in (select id_product from ps_product where id_tax_rules_group = X);
Please note that you can use the X at the end of the lines with the ID noted earlier (see point 2).
Then click on OK - that's it, the net prices have been recalculated at 16% and will be transferred to PrestaShop.
Addition: Adjust VAT for graduated prices
The above steps of course only apply to the general prices in the shop.
If you use graduated prices (e.g. from 3 pieces only 1.50 € instead of 1.65 €), then these price details must also be adjusted.
PrestaShop also saves graduated prices as net prices, so these prices can also be easily re-entered as an SQL update.
SQL update for graduated prices to 16% VAT:
update `ps_specific_price` set price = (((price * 1.19) * 100) / 116.0);
SQL update for graduated prices to 5% VAT:
update `ps_specific_price` set price = (((price * 1.7) * 100) / 105.0);
Important note: backups!
Typos or the like occur very quickly!
Always work with a backup and, if possible, first in a test shop. In this way, any errors can be avoided in advance.
We wish you much success!
- Is the gym necessary to build abs
- Why is management more difficult than it looks
- Children and prisoners are modern slaves
- What should I call my manga
- How long does it take to cure HIV
- Where was the original Footloose filmed
- Is there a gravitational quantum constant
- Is Thor in Avengers Infinity War
- Biologically immortal organisms develop
- Why is India so dangerous
- What is the effect of nightfall
- What is high quality
- Why do humans hold evolutionary hands?
- Should I choose Pomona or Princeton?
- Nerve damage caused by Levaquin is permanent
- Why is a goose considered a bird
- How do I learn to improvise music
- How Much Does a Bluewater Sailboat Cost
- Do you know what djent is
- How can I score well in ielts
- Why do Koreans have good skin
- What are the uses of ROM
- All of Finland has internet
- Where are Linux classes available in Thane
- What if Naruto dies
- Why is my money not safe in banks?
- What happens if I eat wet bread
- Do infrared cameras take really paranormal images
- A creative person can be a doctor
- Is fire acidic or basic
- Which band sang the song Midnight
- Can I send to WhatsApp from Messenger
- What meal takes you to one place
- What is the rarest Chrysler car