Is Christianity a religion with simple answers
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
A world religion
Christianity is one of the five great world religions. (The other four are Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.) It emerged from Judaism. Today over two billion people profess Christianity worldwide. You can see Christian churches in almost all cities and villages in Europe and America.
Christianity goes back to Jesus of Nazareth, called Christ (meaning "the anointed"). He lived in Palestine around 2000 years ago, where he was sentenced to death and nailed to the cross. Christians believe that Jesus rose from the dead and is the Son of God. According to the Bible, through his death he redeemed people from their guilt in life. The Bible is the holy scripture of Christians. It contains the Old and New Testaments. Since then, the cross has been considered the symbol of Christianity. Essential in Christianity is the belief in one God, the confession of Jesus Christ, the community of believers in the church and the belief in eternal life. There are also rules to be followed in life (the Ten Commandments).
Soon after the death of Jesus, Christianity spread over the entire Roman Empire of that time. Various communities developed over time within Christianity. The Catholic Church is the largest community. Its head is the Pope who lives in Rome. The Protestant Church, which is also called "Evangelical", goes back to Martin Luther. He wanted to renew the church in the 16th century. His renewal movement was the so-called Reformation. On the one hand, "Church" denotes the community of Christians. On the other hand, it is also the name of the houses of worship in Christianity.
The Christian Orthodox Church has many followers, especially in Eastern Europe, and the Anglican Church especially in England. There are also many smaller, independent church communities that profess Christianity. There are around 2.26 billion Christians worldwide. More than half of all Christians are Catholic, around 37 percent are Protestant.
By the way: You can find the number of followers of all major religions in Germany and worldwide under the keyword "Religion".
Your questions about this ...
We also take a break at the weekend in HanisauLand.
You can ask your questions here again next week!
More information on HanisauLand
Introduction to Christianity
Here at HanisauLand we have a special on Christianity, where you can find a lot of other information.
- What French pastries begin with BRI
- You can temporarily deactivate your Snapchat
- What is dimensional modeling with examples
- How much math should everyone know
- What is the Hindi meaning of flagellant
- Can television be seen as literature
- Why should I take an SEO course
- How is hyperacusis cured in 2015
- What is Sakshi Tanwar known for?
- Is Brexit good or bad for America?
- Is IAS a financial statement
- Minoxidil works on a receding hairline
- Why is business important to global health
- Mothers have gestational diabetes
- What is the most innovative aircraft manufacturer
- What are some good guitar certification programs
- Is Bacardi Cuban or Puerto Rican
- How is Kopi Luvak coffee made
- How long should a boat engine last
- Are people eurythherical
- What's the trend in Quora
- How do I handle data
- What is the standard of street lamps
- Is there a coin phone in your area?