Classical musicians like marijuana
A motivational speech for your cannabis plants might sound strange at first. However, modern research is revealing the secrets behind the age-old conundrum of "talking to plants". Do plants have a hearing? Do they feel human closeness? Let's find out ...
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERCEPTION OF MUSIC
Sound waves are nothing more than vibrations that are transported through a medium (air, water, etc.). In humans, these sound waves cause the eardrum to vibrate. This pressure is converted into electrical impulses that our brain perceives as sound.
Plants, however, give the expression “good vibrations” a completely new meaning. You can literally FEEL the sound waves. The theory behind this is that the vibrations plants perceive through music or sounds stimulate the cytoplasmic flow (the transport of nutrients within the plant).
Dr T. C. Singh, Head of the Botanical Department at Annamalai University in India, conducted a study that found that plants exposed to music grew 20% taller and their biomass increased by 72%. His research also revealed that seeds that “heard” music as they germinated gave rise to larger plants with more leaves and other improved properties.
According to the study by Dr. Singh in 1950, Canadian scientist Eugene Canby conducted a similar experiment. It turned out that the yield of plants exposed to the music of Johann Sebastian Bach increased by up to 66%.
MAYBE A COUPLE OF PLANTS ARE METAL FANS
In a better-known episode of the show "Myth Busters" it was even hypothesized that specific plants respond better to a certain type of music. The team placed seven small greenhouses on a roof. Green beans were used for the experiment. Each greenhouse was equipped with a music system that played various recordings in an endless loop.
- Classical music
- Intense death metal music
- Motivational speech from a man
- Motivational speech by a woman
- Discouraging speech from a man
- Discouraging speech by a woman
- A control group without music so that we can compare all the other greenhouses
All plants exposed to music performed better than the control group. The plants felt even more comfortable in the greenhouse with classical music. The plants in the greenhouse with death metal music gave the best results.
LIVE AND BREATHE WITH YOUR PLANTS
Up to now there is no conclusive evidence as to which genre of music the plants respond best to or whether music has any influence on the development of plants at all; however, a few of your favorite songs that will motivate you to garden work are certainly not a bad idea.
The extensive medicinal benefits of cannabis are very well documented. However, the therapeutic benefits of gardening as a complement to cannabis-based therapies are often overlooked. More time in your garden (with language or not) will likely still increase the quality and yield of your harvest.
When human beings are present on the plantation, the natural respiration process (oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide) in our body supplies the plants with a sought-after waste product: CO₂. The CO₂ concentration in a garden is usually 400ppm.
Humans typically exhale 4% CO₂ (around 40,000ppm) with each breath. Therefore, the more time we spend in our gardens, the higher the CO₂ concentration that is available to our plants. Human respiration, together with the care of your plants, generates the necessary raw materials (water, CO₂ and sunlight) so that your plants can generate the sugars they need for their production.
Spending more time in your garden will improve your gardening skills and increase the potential of your plants. Work hard, take a deep breath, and give your plants the loving care they deserve. They will thank you!
You can watch the episode of the Myth Busters here:
- Why was the Netherlands founded?
- If this sentence is correct, I am afraid
- Alum is also used to purify water
- What is the present participle of home
- What if negative numbers didn't exist?
- How does one get to LAM disease
- Why are restaurant portions so large
- How does social isolation affect the brain
- What are the best courses for BA
- How do I find my iPhone
- Has anyone drank water?
- What is an HTTP request
- What are the requirements for a server
- How can I get a script from Crowdsource
- How can business GAIN INTELLIGENCE
- Stages can be the plural of the stadium
- Refurbished devices are durable
- Which is better OpenTable or Yelp Reservations
- Will the use of solar energy harm the environment?
- What is a bigger word for love?
- What is 34 6 1
- Which thinner is used for alkyd paint?
- Can NRIs get an aadhaar card
- What was the Atreides worldview in Dune