How do electrolyte conductors conduct electricity
to directory mode
Special case: water
The abnormally high conductivity values for oxonium and hydroxide ions are not based on the size of the ions, but on a special conduction mechanism. The conduction takes place here not only through ion migration, but also through the shifting of binding electrons between - and - ions and the structurally closely related water molecules:
By shifting the binding electrons, the charge of the oxonium ion is transferred to another newly formed ion.
So there is also charge transport without simultaneous mass transport. An analogous mechanism can also be formulated for conduction by ions in aqueous solution. This mechanism only plays a role for aqueous electrolyte solutions; in other solvents the molar conductivities of and ions are comparable to those of alkali ions.
Molten salts also conduct electricity. The specific conductivities here are significantly higher than those of solutions because the concentration of charge carriers (molten salt without solvent) is very high.
- Tab. 1
- specific conductivity of some substances
|T /||κ |
|Acetic acid 1 mol / l||25||1,65·|
|1 mol / l||25||0,1119|
|1 mol / l||800||0,3322|
|graphite||parallel to the layers||30000|
|graphite||perpendicular to the layers||5|
|Retort carbon||(Graphite, statistically isotropic)||200|
Fixed ionic conductors are ionic compounds in which one type of ion is mobile in the fixed partial lattice of the other, for example, α-silver iodide conducts at higher temperatures via mobile ions, and some subgroup oxides via oxide ions.
- Believe in following your instincts
- Which is the best SEO software
- Why do corrupt people testify
- Why is it itchy between my legs
- How do I subscribe to a website
- Is CFD good
- What is Guantanamo Bay Prison
- What is industrial waste management
- Is PVC normally recyclable in the UK?
- Self-acceptance is self-love
- What do teachers do with graded papers
- How bad is the desert formation in China
- Would you recommend a vegan diet
- How can I learn about football players
- What is hypotonic duodenography
- Is and a preposition or not
- A tester should have programming skills
- Does the tenant insurance cover both roommates
- On which stock exchange is McDonalds sold?
- Can defeat Ghost Rider Thanos IG
- What are some food sources of iron
- Which is the best school in Madurai
- How can I activate an iPhone 6?
- It's fourteen too late to learn physics