What exactly is the WiFi amplifier amplifying?
WiFi repeater tests: WiFi repeater recommendations and offers WLAN repeater test overview 2021: WLAN repeater comparison
WLAN repeater test overview: Important criteria for buying a WLAN repeater
If you are thinking about purchasing a WiFi repeater, you should pay close attention to the technical details, because even if setting up a WiFi repeater is now very easy, even for technical laypeople, the connected devices sometimes have to be set up again. The following purchase criteria must be observed:
Single or dual band: Modern routers now send over the 5 GHz frequency band, which allows higher data throughput via WLAN. But 2.4 GHz WiFi routers are still common and z. B. sufficiently dimensioned for single households. The AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E is a dual band repeater and therefore future-proof.
LAN connection: It is advisable to buy a WLAN repeater that has an integrated LAN connection. The Smart TV in the bedroom can be connected to the WiFi repeater with a LAN cable. When data is transmitted via cable, the data stream is more continuous and there is less signal loss. Here, too, can AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E score with an integrated LAN connection.
Mesh functionality: In a mesh network, several networks are linked together under one roof. If, for example, several repeaters are in use, they network with one another and the data stream can find the best route to its destination in each case. So if several WiFi repeaters are to be used in the household, it is essential to ensure that the devices are mesh-capable. The WLAN repeater AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E already offers mesh functionality.
MIMO technology: This is the so-called "Multiple Input Multiple Output" method, in which several transmitting and receiving antennas are used for wireless communication. Rule of thumb: the more antennas a WiFi repeater has, the better. in the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E 6 antennas are integrated.
WPS: WPS stands for "Wi-Fi Protected Setup". The function ensures a protected setup and allows easy installation at the push of a button. This requires that both the wireless repeater and wireless router have a WPS button. AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E and all other devices presented in the WLAN repeater test overview have a WPS button.
speed: Speed is often advertised on the packaging of WLAN repeaters. More precisely, what is meant is the data throughput that the devices achieve. The values are often theoretical values that are measured under laboratory conditions. In practice, the values are many times lower because the WiFi signal has to cross walls and floors, which weakens the WiFi signal. In addition, the longer the distance to be covered, the lower the performance. AMV FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E achieves a theoretical maximum data throughput of 1,300 Mbit / s. To get an impression of the ratios: Netflix recommends a performance of 5 Mbit / s for streaming in HD quality and 25 Mbit / s for UHD content. The streaming provider also offers its content in SD quality, which is a pleasure for users with low bandwidth, because 3 Mbit / s is sufficient here. If the distance is not too long and the Internet does not have to be shared with others, 2.4 GHz repeaters with a maximum theoretical 300 Mbit / s also offer enough power for media streaming.
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E - recommendation dual band WLAN repeater
If you are looking for a future-proof WLAN repeater that can also be used to create a mesh network, the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E is the right choice. The device is particularly suitable for larger apartments or houses in which several family members or flat-sharing residents share an Internet connection. Together with other mesh-capable AVM WLAN repeaters, a close-knit WLAN network can be set up.
The equipment of the AVM FRTIZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E leaves almost nothing to be desired. With 6 internally installed antennas, the WLAN repeater tops all other devices in the test overview. The integrated LAN socket allows the device to be used as an access point and z. B. to connect to a game console via LAN cable.
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E test overview - important tests at a glance
The AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E can count itself among the fastest of its kind. AVM did not save on the device, which the 6 antennas and good coordination of the components prove and justify the relatively high price. The WLAN repeater can convince in tests.
- The computer magazine CHIP tested the wireless repeater AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E with the grade "Very good". (Status: 06/2018)
- In the test by ComputerBild, the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater achieved the rating "Well“With the test grade 2.2. (Status: 07/2018)
- Amazon customers awarded the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E 4.5 out of 5 Stars. (Status: 09/2018)
- In the test by the technology magazine connect, the testers awarded the AVM FRTIZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E 443 of 500 Points and the test grade "Very good". (Status: 06/2018)
- The AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E achieved the Test grade7,3 on a scale of 10 (as of 01/2018)
- Stiftung Warentest awarded the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E the Test grade 2.2 and rated the WLAN repeater as "Well“.
You can find more details about the WLAN repeater in the detailed test overview of the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E.
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E test overview: price and offers
AVM has set the RRP for the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E at 89 euros. The device is around 20 euros cheaper in online shops. (As of 09/2018)
TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual band WiFi repeater - affordable dual band WiFi repeater
TP-Link RE200 | AC750 is available for EUR 24.26 from Amazon (as of May 24, 2021)
If you want to get by on a small budget, you don't have to do without a dual-band WiFi repeater. With the TP-Link RE200, entry into the class of dual-band WiFi repeaters is already possible for just under 35 euros (as of 09/2018). The device is suitable for smaller apartments in which a dual-band router is already in use and the WLAN repeater does not have to cover long distances. The TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WiFi repeater does not offer mesh functionality - households with several residents and many WiFi-consuming devices are better off using the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E.
Overall, the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WiFi repeater achieves a theoretical 733 Mbit / s when both frequency bands are used. Three antennas work inside, two antennas being used for the 2.4 GHz frequency band and creating a data throughput of 300 Mbit / s. The 5 GHz frequency band creates 433 Mbit / s. When configuring you should make sure to activate the high-speed mode. An access point for data-hungry devices such as a Smart TV can be set up via an integrated LAN port.
Review overview of the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WiFi repeater - important ratings
The price-performance ratio is also right with the TP-Link RE200. The device is not the fastest for a dual-band WiFi repeater, but it does what it should. Anyone who just wants to partially improve their WiFi network or add a room will be satisfied. The built-in LAN interface rounds off the overall good impression.
- The test experts from wlanveraterker-test.org awarded the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WiFi amplifier after their test 94 of 100 Points.
- HiFi-Test.de awarded the TP-Link RE200 AC750 WLAN amplifier the Test grade 2.1 and rated the dual-band repeater as "WELL“.
- The technology portal Techtest.org summed up in the test result that the TP-Link RE200 is more for users who want to expand their WLAN for surfing the Internet.
- Amazon customers awarded the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WiFi amplifier 3.8 out of 5 Stars. Over 50 percent of the ratings were based on the maximum number of stars. (Status: 09/2018).
In the review overview of the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WLAN repeater, we explain further technical functions and details.
TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual band WiFi repeater in the test overview: price and offers
The RRP for the TP-Link RE200 AC750 dual-band WLAN repeater was set by TP-Link at an inexpensive 34.90 euros. The WLAN repeater is available in stores for less than 30 euros. (Status: 09/2018).
Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater in the test overview: 2.4 GHz WLAN repeater
Dooter Repeater N 300 is available from Amazon for EUR 21.65 (as of: 07/30/2020)
A 2.4 GHz router is still likely to be in use in many households. If no new acquisition is planned, a WLAN amplifier that supports the 2.4 GHz frequency band is sufficient. The Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater offers several special features: The device can be used as a WLAN repeater, access point and WLAN router. When used as a WiFi repeater, the device automatically connects to the strongest signal source.
Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater has 2 external antennas and even two LAN slots and is a real bargain at just under 26 euros. Should the router fail or break, the Dootoper N300 can take its place. The maximum theoretical data throughput of 300 Mbit / s is okay for a 2.4 GHz network - a maximum of 450 Mbit / s is possible in a 2.4 GHz WLAN network and the 802.11n protocol.
Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater in the test overview - important tests for the WLAN repeater
So far, there have not been many tests for the Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater.
- The test crew from expertentesten.de praised the good cooperation of the WLAN amplifier Dootoper N300 with conventional gateways and routers.
- Customers who bought the Dootoper N300 WiFi repeater on Amazon also rated the WiFi repeater 4.4 out of 5Stars, which corresponds to a good to very good rating. (As of 09/2019)
In the test overview for the Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater we explain further details about the WLAN repeater.
Dootoper N300 WLAN repeater in the test overview: price and offers
Dootoper sells its WiFi repeater via the Amazon e-commerce platform at a price of 25.99 euros. (Status: 09/2018)
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 for 2.4 GHz WLAN in the test overview
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 is available from Amazon for EUR 29.99 (as of: May 24th, 2021)
AVM also has an inexpensive model in its portfolio for 2.4 GHz WLAN networks. The WLAN repeater FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 costs just under 50 euros and is a good choice for anyone who already uses a 2.4 GHz FRITZ! WLAN router. Then the device connects to the existing network environment without any problems during installation.
Together with a Fritz! Router, the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 wireless repeater has special functions such as night service. This means that online times can be set up using a time switch function. Parents who want to supply the children's room with Internet with the WLAN repeater will quickly appreciate the function.
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 in the test overview - important tests
The AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 performs well in tests. On the negative side, users sometimes noticed the somewhat more difficult installation with non-brand routers.
- The technology portal techstage.de headlined in the test report: "AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 in the test: cheap and good". (Status: 03/2018)
- For the testers from wlanrepeater-test.net, the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 is a "small but fine device".
- After testing the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310, ComputerBild gave the test rating “satisfying“, With a rating of 3.0. (Status: 07/2018)
- Amazon customers rated the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 as good 4.3 out of 5 Stars.
You can find more information on the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 in our test overview for the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310.
AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 in the test overview: price and offers
AVM has set the RRP for the AVM FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 310 at 49 euros. The device is available in stores for around 30 euros (as of 08/2018).
- How is Kopi Luvak coffee made
- Why were bump stocks banned?
- Is there something that is called happiness
- How is the Mahindra Imperio
- What is the understanding in a word
- Can someone tell me about marriage
- Which crypto currency has the greatest stability
- Where can I shop in Dubai 1
- Is rum kosher for Passover
- Where would we be without compromise
- What is the best content curation strategy
- Why do I cry over some songs
- How is Wilson College doing
- Can I pour turpentine down the drain?
- Which is the largest coal field in India
- Is Kerala doing fine with communism?
- What is industrial waste management
- Why should I do keyword research
- Which language family does Korean belong to
- What does white garbage mean for you
- Should I use PCA with categorical data
- What is the principle of the vibration sensor
- How many lights can Echo control
- What arouses a woman the most